Monday, June 21, 2010

Catch up -- Part 1

May is always a crazy time for us.  School is getting out and we end up with 101 activities scheduled.  So blogging went on the back burner in May, plus I haven't been feeling great.

I was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and have had a hard time with movement in my hands -- so typing isn't always my favorite thing to do.  I am looking forward to my visit Wednesday with the rheumatologist so I can begin some more aggressive treatment.

I knew that once I turned 40 things would change for me but who knew I'd be hobbling around like a grandma before I was 41!

Anyway...

That's my excuse.

So I will attempt to catch up on all the fun things we have been up to, starting with the end of the year for Lily.

First her class had a dance festival and they sang some songs for the parents.  Here she is busting a move! :)



You've got to love the ever popular Tooty Ta (and how long it lasts).  Lily is quite the show off so naturally she was in the front row having a great time.  Oh how Lily makes me smile!


For teachers gifts this year I went to Wal-Mart and bought some glass jars.  Then I cut out letters and this scalloped circle out of clear contact paper with my trusty Cricut to make a stencil.  After positioning everything right where I wanted it I used etching cream to etch each teacher's initials in the jar.


It was hard for me to get a good photo -- but hopefully you can see the "B" on this one.  After I had the letter on each jar I had the kids write a note and we filled the jar with candy.



I think they turned out pretty cute!

Lily had another great year of school. She excelled and made new friends. Her are a few picture of her on the last day.







Here she is with her teacher who looks like she should be celebrating her last day of HS.  Man, I guess I AM getting old! Ha!

5 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I'm so sorry about the arthritis. That stinks! Hope that the dr. can get you feeling better soon.

RV U's said...

You "Crafty Thing" You. Here I thought you would be sewing them something.
Also, We are anxious for the doc to help your RA. Love your guts!

Britney said...

YEAH!!! You finally blogged!!!

Her teacher does look young. I totally agree and I'm not nearly as old as you! :)

Love Tooty Ta. Especially when she does it. She is one cute kid.

Sorry about the arthritis. I think you need a personal assistant/housekeeper. That would be a great solution for you. They could type for you, do the laundry, cook dinner, quilt for you, blog for you, and you could just sit and read your little heart out.

P.S. Thank you for letting me steal the jar idea and even helping me with it. They were so cute.

Rachel said...

Heidi,
I have psoriatic arthritis and so I can totally sympathize with you! Humira has been helping me quite a bit though! I hope you find something because it is an awful thing to live with. Thanks for the idea about the jars! They were way cute!

Unknown said...

I am playing catch up, too!
how did your doctors visit go?? we need to plan a get together with our families. . . barbque or something??