Saturday, June 26, 2010

Catch up -- Part 2 Cole

Cole is leaving elementary school behind and is headed to the jr. high. Here are a few pictures form his 6th grade graduation.  As you can tell from this first one he is just in love with having his picture taken!



Each 6th grade class voted on a few awards to give their classmates and Cole won the "Most in need of 911"  I guess they think he is kind of a dare devil.

When he went to the front to collect his award these ladies yelled super loud & totally embarrassing him.  You gotta love big sisters (and their friends)!




Cole with his good friends


Cole & his wonderful teacher.  She really helped Cole excel in creative writing this year. He wrote some amazing stories and was inspired to take a creative writing class next year.


Just for fun I had to keep annoying him by taking photos on our way to the car.  Because that's the kind of mom I am!


7 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Fun times ahead! I love 7th graders (especially boys-they are just a fun mix of tough and sweet).

Christie said...

Wow, I can't believe he's off to Jr. High, and I can't believe how young his teacher looks. I must be getting old, I guess!

Unknown said...

congrats to cole! on to 7th grade now!! yahooo

Britney said...

I totally agree with Christie -- I can't believe how old he is and how young his teacher looks. Wo.

congrats to Cole.

Those are great photos of him.

Karen said...

Great photos! He's such a handsome kid. What was the creative writing teacher's name? She looks familiar to me.

p.s. Please let me know if you want me to be your personal secretary and type for you...I'd love to help out.

Heidi said...

Karen:

Cord will be my personal secretary. He's already at my beck and call for everything else I need. All I need to do is say in a quiet but firm voice, "Slave, come to me." And he comes running.

Heidi said...

Yes, Cord did write that last comment -- the big dork!