Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let me eat cake



I have a bunch of pictures to post --  both of the visit from my brother Chris and his family from California and my girls trip to Vegas, but first I am dreaming of cake.  I saw this one on Bakerella's blog.

So before I post anything I need to make a quick trip to the store for food coloring and cream cheese!  I have never made red velvet cake.  Have you?

Click HERE for the recipe.

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Yummm that looks so good. I think I have a reason to stop by today. I've made red velvet cake and what I can never believe is how much red food coloring you need. A whole bottle? It is pretty though.

Britney said...

Amen. That looks delicious. I agree with Shauna -- make it and then invite me over.

I've never made one b/c I think it is such a waste of red food coloring. It seems so silly. But, I'll let you try it and tell me (or show me) how it goes.:)

The Prothero Gang said...

Are you bringing it to the Blue & Gold Banquet tonight????

The Prothero Gang said...

Are you bringing it to the banquet tonight?

Grandma Mary said...

When your site opened...I thought I have seen that photo before or am I still on Bakerella?
Cake is always good. Cold millk in a glass anyone?

mallorie said...

Dear Heidi,
thank you so much for offering to bake me a cake! That is so thoughtful of you. I'm coming to Provo this weekend. You can bring it Britney's tomorrow or Saturday with yourself for a party. Britney will provide the milk. I'll provide...the entertainment. :)
love mallorie

Robyn said...

I have never made it. I have a friend who loves it. You'll have to post the recipe for us to try. Sounds divine!