Monday, February 8, 2010

Science Fair '10


Cole completed his science fair project last week and whew am I glad that is over! He decided to find out if a snowman will melt faster with clothes on (jacket, hat & scarf) or off.



I was determined not to help too much with the project and let Cole and his partner/bff Harrison to do all the work.  And let me tell you it was more work to get him to do the work than it would have been just to do it myself.

It took them three days after school to write the 2 page report and about and hour to glue on the lettering.



The also made a time lapse video of one of their experiments -- which was of course put the the music of Ice Ice baby. (Amy don't you love that you are in the picture?)


They didn't make it to the district science fair (which I am secretly happy about) but had a fun time doing the experiments.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i really don't like having to do science fair projects. .. cute idea they had, though!

Marcie Ashton said...

Kids are so much smarter these days...

Cool idea! I may have to steal it the next time one of my kids is in a Science Fair. (Please let that be about NEVER).

Amy said...

I wouldn't have felt bad if you would've cropped me out :)! I was going to stay and chat, but it was 800 degrees in that room and Beckett had enough. Congrats on "not" going to district. I wish we would've had the same fate :)! We should definitely do lunch and catch-up sometime!!

Britney said...

Such a funny idea!

Nice lettering -- how exact and perfect it is. Almost like you used some type of fancy letter cutting machine! :)

I LOVE that they did a time-lapsed video. So cool!