Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One Crazy Girl

On Sunday in Primary (the happy place my kids go during church) Lily was spotlighted.



Each week they spotlight one or two kids. The kids are asked a bunch of questions ahead of time like "What is your favorite color?"(Blue) What is your favorite kids of food? (Mexican)

Well you get the point.

To make the spotlight a guessing game the Primary leaders have all the kids in the room stand up. Then they start to list all of the answers. They tell the kids that if an answer doesn't fit them then they should sit down. Eventually one cute kid is left standing and they are the spotlight of the day.

It goes something like this...

"This persons favorite color is blue" (all the pink loving girls sit down)

"This person loves Mexican Food" (a fair number of kids sit down)

A few more likes & dislikes are asked and a few more kids sit down

Then the final question

"This person is really good at... being cool"

Lily is the last one standing

Man oh man, I sure do love her guts!!

6 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

So Do I

Britney said...

So stinking funny! She is such a character!!!!! I'm still laughing!

I wish I was good at being cool. Maybe she can be my cool mentor.

She is one hilarious girl!

P.S. I love those photos of her. She has the best personality and you can tell she is a girl you are going to like by looking at those photos.

Dear Lily,

Can we be friends?

:)

Shauna said...

One cute and "clever" girl!
Love the Lily!!

Marcie Ashton said...

That's such a cute way to do "spotlight". I think I 'm going to steal it for next year.

While I don't know your kids personally, Lily sure seems like a doll!

3girlsmom said...

how totally funny! classic. love the halloween pictures. no costume for alli this year? and you are right lilly looks like a little audrey hepburn. so classy. but the mona lisa takes the cake. i think i will steal your mummy dogs for next year. my kids will LOVE that! you know, i don't even remember what we ate before trick or treating, but i remember that they actually ate this year so they didn't eat as much candy that night. trust me, they ate a lot, but not as much as previous years.

also loved the masks! so creative you are skywalker.

Robyn said...

That's so funny! I love that she is so unique and confident in herself. Way to go Lily!