Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Festivities


Yesterday was a busy but fun day.  Part of the busy was that I somehow ended up helping in three, yes three class parties yesterday.  I helped make super cute turkey cards -- they also had a cookie decorating station, pictionary and a game station. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures!! Then I headed down to the kindergarten to help with Will's feast.
 

They had turkey, rolls, carrots, popcorn, applesauce & corn chips plus some apple juice.  I love the kindergarteners!
 

This is Will's BFF Regan.

I was suppose to head over to Cole's 6th grade class in the middle of Will's party but luckily Cord was able to come over instead.  I was in charge of the game (bowling using soda bottles for pins and a soccer ball) Cord said he had the time of his life.

After school I loaded up the van with our carpool and went to get Barry at "Farm School".  Since it was Thanksgiving we got to go in with the turkeys and say hi.
 

I love the turkeys.  Their gobbles just crack me up!  They were so loud running around terrified of me and my pack of wild children.
 

I wish I looked that good from behind.
 

 

Then we tried to pet them.  Jordan was a little timid... Lily was a little nervous... but Barry...
 

no fear.



I laugh so hard when I look at this picture.  Barry chased those turkeys while making gobble sounds of his own.




I had to take a picture of the cute chickens



And this bad boy.  There is a picture of him in our favorite calendar "Extraordinary Chickens"



Cole & Lily finally got to pet the turkeys and our day was complete.



My grandma had a salt shaker that looked just like this one.



I took far too many pictures of the turkeys but they were so much fun!

Now I'm off to make some pies...

3 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Robyn said...

You were busy Super MOM! I'm sure it was fun to help with the kids' parties. I love those photos of the turkeys! Hope they all make it past Thanksgiving if ya know what I mean! Wink, wink...

Karen said...

Love the photos. Maybe next year, you can make Turkey feather fanned tails to go with your bird masks.