Monday, November 2, 2009

Costumes

We had a great Halloween especially because the weather ended up being so great.

So here are a few pictures of our costumes this year.


I made these bird masks. I got the idea from my good friend and go to gal Martha Stewart. I saw them in her magazine and thought they would be fun to have. Plus it was an easy way to get Cord to dress up!


Lily was a cat this year. I made this mask too (also from Martha Stewart Living). I had to take a picture of her pre-mask because I thought she looked just like a cute little Audrey Hepburn.

Grrrrrrrr


I made a mask for Lily's best friend Gabi too. They had so much fun running around trick-or-treating together. I have a feeling they are going to want to dress up alike again next year.


Cole went as the Mona Lisa. We ordered a poster and cut the eyes out so he had a Scooby Doo look.

Can you see his eyes?


And here are my Army men. I tried to get them to be something a little more creative but they were not having it.




And finally here are the cute "mummy dogs" Alli made us for dinner. I wish you could see the eyes. I think they are so cute. We had these and a huge veggie tray & fruit for dinner. I forced the kids to eat a ton of veggies before we headed out for the sugar overload.

We had a great night!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Heidi, you never cease to impress me...your picture-taking skills rock--I am way jealous.
Looks like you had a very fun Halloween, loved the mask & costumes

Marcie Ashton said...

Dang, looking at those "mummy dogs" is making me hungry.

Adorable costumes. Poor Lauren just went as a softball player. We decided on it as we drove home from Phoenix that day...she already had most of it on...

Britney said...

Love the way the costumes turned out -- especially those masks. Lily does look like a little Audrey Hepburn as Holly GoLightly! I love it!

So fun you had those mummy dogs too! Looks like you had a great night!

P.S. I LOVE those bird masks. Wasn't the weather absolutely perfect?!!!!

BrunoDossena said...

The "love birds" are way great! You did such a good job.
Lily is gorgeous and fully channeling Audrey Hepburn.

Looks like so much fun. I'll need a couple of these photo's for "the shelf".

Brenda said...

Weather made for a great evening...finally no coats over costumes....looks good Udalls! Once again your shameless displays of talent have driven me into a fevered jealousy! My only reassurance is that you're my dear friend and I get to benefit from all that talent! Love ya!

Robyn said...

Great costumes! The cat mask is amazing! Lily does look like a cool Audrey in that first photo. She could be a model! All the others look great too. Did Alli dress up or is she past that stage? You and Cord are amazing too. I don't know how you got him to wear that mask!!

Unknown said...

what great, creative ideas! thoses masks you made are fantastic.

symonie said...

Love the costumes. I think the Mona Lisa is hilarious. But how did he manage trick or treating? I bet his costume really surprised people when they opened their door! The masks turned out great. And that mummy thing you created for the porch is great. We made a ghost, but Nina wanted it to be a happy ghost, so nothing too creepy at our house.
Will Alli come make mummy dogs for us next year? :)

Karen said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I would like to be. And I can fly higher than an eagle.
Cause you are the wind between my cheeks.


Seriously...you've got skills!

Love ya

Kristin said...

Heidi, you are amazing. Seriously. The masks are incredible, all of them--the decorations, the pumpkin carving--what a fun time you had as a family this halloween. Love it all.

And yes, the weather was beautiful. I was so surprised. I thought it would be cold.

And the mummy dogs look delicious too.