We really had a great time. It was super relaxed and super good.
Our preparations began on Wednesday with the making of the pies. Lily had been begging to help so when it was time to make the crust she and her friends helped me out.
Then Alli & I made a blueberry pie (Cord's request). Alli made the crust. Isn't it beautiful!
I really love the Thanksgiving meal! I mean I REALLY love it.
Here is the turkey. We put some sage from our garden under the skin of the turkey before we cooked it (an idea from Martha of course). I love the way it looks.
The stuffing was gone in a flash. It is such a good recipe with sage, sausage, apples and cranberries.
Alli loves the stuffing as much as I do.
Cord's sister Lindy came over for dinner which was great. My kids always look forward to a visit from the Funaki's!
Ame
Tevita
Makai
Aki, the lover of turkey wings.
Sassy
And then I have to end with one more picture of cute little Tevi. This is him enjoying a grape.
Oh don't you just love those curls!!
I hope you have a great holiday. Now on the the Christmas posts!

6 comments:
I need that recipe for the stuffing!!
and those pies look fantastic. . .oh, and send me the crust recipe too!!
you are the best
Ooooo Martha does not have a thing on you! I'm thinking you could start your own little cooking/sewing/decorating empire.
i concur. and i too want that stuffing recipe! LOVE that picture of lily. totally SASS-AY!
Love the pics of Lindy's kids! So cute they are. And yours too, of course. I love that Lily is a kitchen maven in the making. And your stuffing was a hit at our Thanksgiving dinner too! I ate way more of it than either you or Alli did, betcha.
Wow the food looks so good! No surprise, Heidi, you are so gourmet. I just might crash your Thanksgiving next year! That stuffing looks great and I don't even like stuffing!
What beautiful brown eyes you all have, my favorite eye color. The stuffing looks great.
Post a Comment