Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Making a list and checking it twice
My head has been spinning with all the things I have to do this month. I can't seem to sleep because "to do" tasks keep popping in my head. Mornings have been a little stressful because I don't know where to start and once I begin something I suddenly remember something else that needs to get done. I am having mild panic attacks all day and drinking enormous amounts of Diet Coke.
So this morning I finally sat down and made myself a list. Actually I had to make myself several lists. I have my shopping list, my household chore list, the kids activity/homework list, my church duty list, my Christmas activities to do with the kids list, my sewing projects list, and then the misc. list. I know, I know that is a lot of lists but I don't feel as overwhelmed once I put everything down on paper. I can look at what needs to be done and cross them off. Oh how I love to cross things off.
I don't think I could function without a list. And I won't tell you how many times I rewrote my list so that it looked nice and orderly.
Okay, now I can cross off "don't be such a lame blogger" off my list.
Have a great day -- hopefully you can accomplish something on your list today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
This is one among the many reasons I'm glad we're friends...you love the "list" like me!
I feel the same way, and love lists, too! Somehow every December seems to come faster!
hey i was just making lists today in carpool about all that same stuff. and i use a pencil so i can erase if it looks too messy. (and then i wonder where gracie gets her ocd-ness from.) happy list making and crossing off!
Nerd Alert!
I LOVE lists. Even more than that, I love crossing things off my list. I've been known to write things that I've all ready done on my list (just so I can cross it off). Instant gratification!
1. I LOVE your new banner. BEEEEAutiful!
2. I too love the list. It is so reassuring and just sits there until you do something productive with it.
3. I agree - there is so much to do. How did this creep up on me so fast?
4. Chantel is funny. "Nerd alert." hee hee
5. If you put on your list to be a lame blogger, you can cross it off by doing nothing -- like me.
6. Do you like my comment in the list format? {If so, then perhaps you have a list addiction.} :)
Happy listing -- and even happier "crossing-off"
Burt you're the funniest little blond I know!
This is the time of year that I wish I could duplicate myself like in Duplicity! I want to see some of your lists... maybe I'm forgetting to do something! I'm a total list person. I find that my brain turns off if I don't have it with me. I can make a list for the grocery store 5 min before leaving the house but if I forget it, I'm sunk! I can't remember anything I had on the list!
lists keep me sane. . . but i can't check off "don't be a lame blogger" . . . i need to add that to my list!
Post a Comment