Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Beach



Who doesn't love the beach!?

When you are in California hanging with your cousins -- nothing could be better!


Will & Chase were born on the same day and have a great time when ever they get to see each other.


We went to Santa Cruz a favorite family spot.  My grandparents went there and took my dad and his sisters as kids.  So naturally my parents took me there too.  I spent many Saturdays there with my grandparents and cousins.  In fact my mom & my Aunt Irene even took us camping here once upon a time.


My grandparents always had a giant beach umbrella that was yellow with black polka dots.  The umbrella is gone but the good times aren't - now how is that for cheesy?


My cousin Brent and his daughter.




Cole & Dylan ready to brave the cold Pacific.



Dan & Dad


Rachey Baby!!!!


Cord even went swimming -- I however was a bit of a wimp 






I love this one of my cousin Kevin and his daughter! What could be better than a nap on the beach and check out the cotton candy in the background -- good times!





There was a lot of burying in the sand



The Canning rugrats


After a day at the beach we hung out on the boardwalk





















Well you made through all those pictures!

We had a great day!

5 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I just LOVE the colors of the beach. The blue of the ocean and sky, as well as the outrageous colors of the pier entertainment. It just says "fun" to me!

RV U's said...

Jealous!!!!

Karen said...

I love the picture of your mom and dad...so sweet! The the best family trip we took when I was a kid was to visit my Aunt in SF and then we drove on down to Santa Cruz. I loved that place!

Robyn said...

Looks like so much fun! The photos are gorgeous. I am so jealous and wishing we could go to the beach. What a perfect day.

Risa and Barry said...

Wow, those pictures are the best! You captured the feeling of being in each place, the woods, the beach, the pier and rides. The kids' faces are wonderful, really conveying how much they enjoyed themselves. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.