Monday, August 16, 2010

Fentons



Not many people people paid special attention to the ice cream parlor seen at the end of the movie UP!.  But I did and so did my kids.  You see Fentons is a place of my childhood.  It is a place of my Dad's childhood and a place that my grandparents frequented as a young couple.


So naturally we found our way there as part of our family reunion!


There is nothing like showing up and saying table for 30 please!





Now speaking of the movie Up! there seems to be a bit of a resemblance here...



What do you think?


Now are you ready for the pictures of the ice cream?


Alli's cookies & cream sundae.


The kids all got small sundaes and Cord got himself a "small" banana split.  You'll see the "big" banana split in a minute.



Here it is!  My cousin Richard & I used to spit this as kids and now Cole is splitting it with his cousin!


Believe it or not they actually finished the whole thing!!!



There was no sharing going on here!

And now for the really big one....


This is my aunt with the sundae to beat all sundaes!  And for the record most of that went home in a box.



I had to include this photo so you you see just how much chocolate syrup ended up on their shorts.  We had such a great time -- I love having a tradition that centers around ice cream and so many smiles!

3 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Oh my holy ice cream sundae. My family would think they had died and gone to heaven!

The Prothero Gang said...

I think we should have a neighborhood ice cream party with sundaes like that!!!!

rylee said...

wow that's a lot of ice cream!