This little Turkey is 6!!
He is seriously the silliest kid ever.
We love him and all his silly faces (his eyes are crossed about every 10 minutes)! He is the "class clown" of our tribe and keeps us laughing and shaking our heads at the same time.
It is hard to believe that my baby boy is six. I know it's not that old -- but you'll have to bear with me -- I will probably lament his age each April. I don't want him (or any of the rest of my pups for that matter) to grow up. Things are great around here and we all really click as a family. Next year Barry will be in 1st grade and all the kids will be gone to school all day. While there are definitely pros to that situation but it will also make me sad. I've had someone home with me for the last 17 years! Plus next year Alli will be a senior!!
Anyway....
Barry chose to have German chocolate cake this year. I tried a new recipe for the frosting and wow was it good. I usually use a recipe that uses evaporated milk but didn't have any so I found a recipe that called for sweetened condensed milk instead. Mmmmmmmmm
Here is the recipe incase you want some coconut goodness:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups coconut (I used a little more)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Preparation:
In a heavy saucepan, melt butter whisk in cornstarch. Add sweetened condensed milk and egg yolk. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring. Once it boils, remove from heat. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool to room temperature before putting on German Chocolate Cake or other cake.
Here are some pictures from his big day!
He had a great day and scored some cash from the grandparents which he can't wait to spend!
We love you Bear and hope you had a great day!!

3 comments:
Holy cow, I cannot believe he is 6!!! Happy Birthday to Barry!
P.S. the cake looks divine and your house looks so cute in the background of your pics!
Seriously-I want to celebrate my birthday at your house!
fun stuff as always! i have been crazy busy and haven't posted in ages. trying to do one right now and got tired. hope the little dude had a great birthday!
the soccer game looked like a load of fun! we SO love soccer here in our house. aren't the professional games a scream? the fans are crazy! we went to a nigeria vs. brazil game once in miami and that was INSANE! good to see your family enjoying life.
Post a Comment