Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making a list & checking it twice


'Tis the season to be jolly...right? I have been super busy making gifts, buying gifts and wrapping gifts. I have also been to 3 holiday parties this week! But I can't complain too much -- who doesn't love a party?

Tonight was Cord's work party -- it was a casino night where we played to win raffle tickets. At the end of the end of the party there was a drawing for prizes. Cord won a gift certificate to Paradise Bakery -- yum! I won some nuts -- how appropriate I know.

After the dinner the owner announced who was the "MVP" of the company this year. Yep, you guessed it -- it wasn't Cord. No it was. He got a round of applause (and a few whoops from me) and a very nice watch. I'll have to post pictures later.

Like I said I haven't upload pictures but I do have one from my RS presidency party. Gloria made us (and our spouses) the most amazing 5 course dinner!

Gloria, Vicki, me & Michelle

I love working with these women! They inspire me in so many ways.

I hope your holiday preparations are going smoothly. If they aren't this might cheer you up. Design Mom is having a 12 days of Christmas give away on her blog starting tomorrow. Check it out here. There are sure to be wonderful things -- so enter!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!! With all that family. So fun. You guys are awesome.

Can it really be down to the 12 days before Christmas already??

Kristin said...

oh and congrats to Cord. Very cool.

3girlsmom said...

holy busy christmas week lady! i haven't even started my shopping!!!! okay i got one thing for mauricio! i am such a slacker this year. i haven't even gotten the christmas decor out of the attic!!!

Unknown said...

is that your cute wrapping job? those presents look like they were wrapped professionally!!
three christmas parties?!? you are one busy girl.

Unknown said...

Heidi you look so cute! you have been busy.
Congrats to Cord--I feel like a bad friend, I thought he started his own business...

Heidi said...

He did start his own but then the company he works for now bought his company -- and now he is MVP who would have thunk it!?

Robyn said...

Thanks for the Design Mom tip. I got my CD's from Dani the other day and I'm so excited. We're giving them to all our teachers in Primary. I think it's a great gift.

Congrats to Cord- I'm not surprised!

Wow, you have so many parties going on! I have two this week but nothing compared to you.

Anya said...

Congrads to Cord!!!!
I guess, I have been at 3 Christmas party as well...that's probably why I am so tired.