Thursday, January 28, 2010
10 Things that make me Happy
My friend Kristie listed 10 things on her blog that make her happy. She says it helps her keep the winter blues away. I think it's a great idea, so here is my list...
Photography -- It makes me so happy to look through old photos of my family. I am so glad that I have taken so many. The pictures have captured little things that I might otherwise forget. I also love to look at pictures of my brothers and I when we were young and pictures of Cord as a little pup too. Also
my mom gave Cord & I a photo album full of photographs of my ancestors for Christmas and I have had so much fun looking at their faces.
Laughing my head off with Cord -- Nothing makes me happier than to make Cord laugh or for him to make me laugh. It's even better when we talk and laugh into the wee hours.
The Sun -- I do love the sun! I love the hot summer sun in August and the southern sun that shines in my windows in January.
New Crayons -- I love they way they smell and I love looking at all the sharp tips waiting to be worn down with creativity.
A Good Night Sleep -- I am so happy when I wake up and it's morning and I realized that I haven't woken up 10 in the night (am I getting old or what).
Quilting -- I love creating. I love looking at a pattern and trying to figure out what fabric will look best where. I love sewing all those little pieces together to make something beautiful.
When my kids smile at me -- I love to see them happy. When they are smiling about something and I look them right in the eye there is a moment of pure joy. I wish I could capture that and bottle it up, it melts my heart.
Reading -- I love to read. It is so nice to escape to a place someone else has created, where I can learn and explore and feel things I wouldn't otherwise. I have to say that I also love going to book club. In fact I attend two now!
Friends -- My friends make me so happy. They know I am not perfect and love me anyway. They are my confidants and support system and they make me laugh.
My extended family -- I used to say that I don't have any sisters. But I don't feel that way anymore. I have 10. I feel as close to them as I would had we grown up together. My brothers make me laugh and let me boss them around when we were young (ok "let" may be too strong of a word). My parents and parents-in-law are beacons of strength, and we are always so happy to see them.
So you see I have quite a bit that makes me happy. I had a hard time narrowing down the list to just 10. Things kept popping into my head so I just listed the first 10. I need to do this more often...count my blessings and be grateful.
What is on your list?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Love the list, Heidi. Glad I made the cut! :) It makes me happy to know you are happy. And the thought of you and Cord laughing your heads off in the wee hours of the morning makes me giggle. LOVE YOU!
I LOVE this idea! Great list.
1) Your new background and banner -- so cute! Are you in the mood for spring or what?! :)
2)Great idea from your mom -- the albums of ancestors. I love that!
3) Just thinking about you and Cord laughing together put a smile on my face. I can just picture you two laughing....for some reason that makes me happy.
4) I love new crayons too!!! THat is so funny.
Thanks for sharing. I love this list. I may just copy this idea. :)
What a great list! Except that your adopted sisters (ME) are number 10. Say what? Can't wait to par-tay in Vegas. (What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...)
And this is Kate writing, not Hekky!
so glad to see you did this! didn't it make you happy just thinking of everything??
Thanks for sharing. You're awesome and I love your guts!
This is a nice list to read when I'm suffering from S.A.D. myself. I can't wait to be in the sun again. New crayons? That's a pretty random and simple thing that makes you happy. Thanks for sharing!
That is a fantastic list and idea. Life really is great, isn't it.
Post a Comment