Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Homemade gift part 3



Several years ago my friends and I got together for a sewing night and made a celebration banner.  We made it out of fabric pennants and used quilt binding to string them together.  Then a couple years ago Lindy made us a birthday banner with "Happy Birthday" on it.  So I decided to combine both ideas and I made this banner to give to my brother & sister-in-law for Christmas.




I really like the way it turned out. The orange makes me happy.

I used orange felt and zig zag stitched fabric triangles on the felt.  The ironed on the letters and made some seam binding to string them together on.  The for fun I add the pom poms.



I love the pom poms!

6 comments:

Christie said...

so fun!

Karen said...

LOVE the pom poms!

Brenda said...

Glad you're back...missed ya!

Britney said...

I agree. I love the pom poms. It turned out so cute!!!

Where's mine?! :)

Robyn said...

This looks like a lot more work than ours but it's SO SO cute. I love the added touches.

Kristin said...

What funness. you are amazing. That's all there is to it.