

Now that school is out and Cole has a job mowing lawns he has money burning a hole in his pocket. So he and his friend Harrison seem to find themselves riding their bikes down to 7-11 every couple days.
The boys really like this sense of freedom as they cruise downtown wind blowing in their hair as they get their Transformers collector cups full of 5-6 flavors of slurpee at once and they always grab a Slim Jim to go with... Yum!
Well, after once such trip to the store Cole & Harrison came into the kitchen and had a concerned look on their faces.
They sheepishly asked "Does 7-11 sells tobacco?"
They had my full attention.
"Yes, they sell tobacco why?" (I'm thinking of course they do! And how the heck did you get your hands on some?!?! I mean Cole is a big boy but I would think the freckles and his height were a dead giveaway that he is a minor)
"Well..." they continued...
"We bought a Slim Jim that has tobacco in it and we both had some before we realized what it was."
"Huh?"
"Let me see the package." They showed me the package (they had ripped of the top with their teeth of course)
Apparently in the week we have been out of school the boys have already forgotten how to spell.

12 comments:
What a great story! I love it!! Remind me to tell you about the Flea Tenemas sometime.
Heidi your stories are hilarious, I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. Ahh the innocence (?) of a child...
:)
Ha ha ha ha ha! That is so funny.
A couple years ago, Syd accidentally brought coffee instead of hot chocolate at Circle K. She threw it out after one sip, but was just certain that she needed to see the bishop about it.
That is great!!!! I love it. I would have loved to have heard their conversation before their confession. That is seriously so funny!
HA HA HA! Good one Cole!
Too funny, and so sweet for them to tell you about it.
So funny!!!!! I agree with Christie -- so great of them to tell you about it! I do love the description of their hair blowing in the wind. hee hee hee However, the thought of a Slim Jim...ew. The thought of a Slim Jim combined in my stomach with a Slurpee........yikes and double ew!
Ah, to be a kid again and eat...whatever you want. Enjoy your summer Cole!
I am crying right now....
O, that is so funny!
Nice!!!!
Talk about weird timing. The same day I read this post, Myles asked me, "So, did you hear about the Slim Jim explosion?" I guess many workers were really hurt and 3 were even killed in the NC plant.
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212236690.shtml
That is hilarious. Cute boys. So sweet they were so concerned.
Post a Comment