Thursday, June 11, 2009

And he's off

Today Cole left to go to Shadow Mountain a 5th grade camp -- all the fifth graders in the city get to go (if they want to) the summer after 5th grade. Cole has been so excited about this. He has a lot of friends going this week so he should have a great time.

Here he is with our neighbor Jordan getting on the bus. Let me tell you he was really happy about mom taking pictures in front of everyone. I had to point out that I wasn't the only one.

I tired to get one of him on the bus but there was a glare right on his window. Of course I can see the kids in front of him and behind him but not him. He and Jordan were sitting in the "emergency exit" row so let's hope there is no emergency!

A few years ago Cole tended to worry a lot and I worried that he wouldn't grow out of it. I am so glad that he feels comfortable being away from us for a few days. I will miss him and it will be great to hear about all his adventures when we pick him up Saturday afternoon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope he has a great time. luke went last year and absolutely loved it!

Grandma Mary said...

Hurray for Cole

Robyn said...

It is pretty brave, if you think about it. I hope Cole has a great time! I went to camp in 5th grade and it was a blast. Like Girls Camp, but fun! LOL

I hope he didn't take any tobacco! They usually frown on that at 5th grade camp!

Shauna said...

That's a big step for any child. I think that's awesome Cole!

Britney said...

He was comfortable (yeah!), but were you? Did you cry just a little (not in front of him, but after you said goodbye?) I'm sure he's going to have a great time!