Lily has been a cheerleader this week. For two weeks actually -- as part of a fund raiser the SHS cheerleaders teach a million wannabe cheerleaders a dance and a few cheers. Here is Lily before the "Cheer Spectacular".
Here is a shot I did take of all the little mini cheerleaders. I also wish could have gotten a shot of some of the make-up & hairdo's of some of the girls -- also a small town wonder.
Lily did great naturally -- and was the cutest one there -- naturally.
Cole has been playing baseball and doing great. He is having a winning season (thanks to a 100 mph pitcher) which is nice compared to the last two seasons. I just signed him up for tackle football which will start in August.
Oh & he arrived home save sound & happy (and very dirty) from camp. He had a great time.
This morning was the parade. Luckily it didn't rain and it wasn't too hot. Lily was in the parade which she loved -- you know because she is so quiet & shy."Hot rods" were another favorite at the parade. Barry & Will both turned around to me and started screaming "HOT RODS!! HOT RODS" and if you know there voices the sound was piercing. They especially loved it when they revved their engines.
Alli & her friends enjoyed the sights. I was happy to get a shot of the ever elusive teenager.
I hope you had a good weekend too!

7 comments:
Loved the cheerleader/small town "spectacle". We have those too! Sounds like the same parents show up as well.
Lauren was just asking when the parades were going to start. She is looking forward to free candy as well.
Good times, good times.
So fun!!
I wish I would have remembered to look that up -- I love taking the kids to the Art day. rats.
Love the comments about small towns -- no teeth, mullets, the like....so funny!!!!! However, I will say, there are so many good things about your beautiful small town too!
Lily -- L-E-T-S-G-O lets go, lets go! L-E-T-S-G-O....let's go! Woot woot for the cheerleader. She is so darn cute and has a great personality for cheerleading -- she's fun and nice!!!!
Cole -- wowza he looks grown up standing there in that baseball uniform! Glad he had a good time camping. Sounds like that is right up his alley.
Sorry about all the rain, but it sounds like a great week anyway. Sorry about Old MacDonald. Sometimes he is so darn rude. :)
looks like you are all having a great summer! i love the cheerleader. she is a doll! and the story about cole and the slim jim! classic!!! remind me to tell you about sarah thinking that budweiser (sp?) was apple juice! they are too funny at that age! love the idea of the camping thing for the 5th graders.
How fun. Even though I'm from the Big Windy City, I think I like small towns.
what fun...I remember last year...and it is a wonder to behold.....I miss having a new T-shirt with Springville Cheer on it.
What an all-around great time!!
Lily is one darn cute cheerleader--Cole is so handsome in his baseball uniform. Gotta love the baseball--I wonder if we will ever play you guys. I think we are playing some teams from the north in the tournament though. Cute Barry. Memories like that are so precious.
Fun post . . . I like getting to know your children through this blog of yours.
haha just a quick fyi: its Jentry.(: with a J,, not a G.(: haha
Post a Comment