Today Cordy boy was showered with presents and love from his kidos. He got breakfast in bed, candy (new coconut m&m's) a tie and a giant pack of his favorite gum. The kids made cards, sung to him at church and we made his favorite Thai lettuce wraps for dinner. Then Cord was showered with crying, fighting and a naked Barry who refused to go to bed.
Such is the life of a dad and such is the life of Cord. But Cord rarely complains and often has more patience than I do. He is such a great father who loves our rug rats through all the good times and the messy ones. He always keeps us in stitches with his great sense of humor -- he makes me laugh several times each day and you should see the dance parties and Power Ranger battles we have here.
Cord is truly a wonderful husband and father. There have been countless times I have had to lean on him for support that not many would be capable of giving. His strength of character and love for his family are invaluable. I marvel at his work ethic and so glad that he is teaching our children through his example how to be good, righteous and forgiving people. Plus BONUS he does all our grocery shopping!
I love you Cord!
Happy Father's Day!

7 comments:
yes heidi- you struck gold with sir cordall-he really is all those things you say! what a man!
I'm not surprised that he's turned out to be such a good dad. His maturity level is right on par with the children, so OF COURSE they love him! Ha! But really, I've seen him in action and it's true--he's a good father and husband.
What a sweet post. You are a wonderful couple--a wonderful family. Glad I know you. And glad he had a great day!!
Myles and I were just reminiscing about when he and Cord got to serve in the bishopric together. Too bad it was so short lived. We were so sad to see you guys go. But, at least you're not too far away. You're a wonderful fam!
Ryan was rolling on the ground laughing over the "that I'm cool" comment. I think that they came up with that one together.
Ryan thinks he's pretty funny when he says it to me. Luckily, I've convinced all the kids that I'm the coolest.
Happy Father's Day Cord. And way to put up with him Heidi :)
Today I buried Boston in the sand at the beach. We talked about how funny it is to bury ourselves. It was a couple of minutes later he looks at me with a confused look and smile saying, "Mom, Barry's under there" pointing down in the sand. How do you explain that?
Heidi,
I love, love, love your blog, the whole dern thing, you are so creative and cute and your personality flows from your words and pictures...thanks for sharing
Post a Comment