Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Slacker

Summer is in full swing here and I just haven't had time to post the 10,000 things I have wanted to. I will be back in action when we return from our Mexican vacation which I (can't tell you how much) am looking forward to. Only 2 days until we leave!!!

But here are a few photos of the last few days...

Cole has been playing in the end of season baseball tournament. We have the championship game tomorrow night.

Here is a flag I painted for our R.S. activity last week. We had the greatest time. I will have to post more about it and detail all the fun things we did.

I have a hard time looking at this sign and feel a little weird about posting it, but I had a few requests to see it. Sorry Dad, the letters are not all the same thickness. It drives me nuts too! :) ha!

These two boys have been keeping me on my toes as they constantly get into everything they are not supposed to.

We had a great time with family too. Cord's brother Travis & his family were here from Arizona. They came up to take Jefferson to the MTC. Don't they all look great!? And from Jefferson's e-mails I can tell he is having the time of his life.

Here is a shot of my "to do" list and it doesn't even include all the daily stuff like dishes and laundry. I hope I get everything crossed off tomorrow!

Cord being the great guy that he is bought me this!! It is a total splurge and I am so excited to use it on our trip and for other blogging adventures!

So I had to try it out this morning...

Our garden is growing like crazy and I can't wait to eat some vine ripe tomatoes!

The tomatillos are doing great too!

All the winter & summer squash are producing like crazy and there are tiny cucumbers that will be ready soon!

The Bee Balm out front. Can I say how much I love that I can focus on a single subject!

OK, OK I won't bore you with all my pictures. But I do love my flower beds -- they make me happy.

I hope you are having a great summer so far too!

7 comments:

Christie said...

Fun pics. I just had some super yummy homemade Cafe Rio dressing today made with tomatillos. If you don't have the recipe, I'll have to get it for you.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Marcie Ashton said...

Wow! That "to do" list is overwhelming me! I hope most of it is just saying "pack a swimsuit", etc.

COngratulations on the new camera, and have fun on vacation.

Chantel said...

I hope you have a great trip. The new camera is awesome by the way.

Robyn said...

Congrats on the new camera! That is awesome. If you thought you took a lot of pictures before, get ready. Clear up some space on your hard drive... or maybe just go get the external HD now cause you're gonna need it. That Cord! He's such a good guy.

I'm excited for your trip to Mexico and can't wait to see the photos. It will be great. Have fun!

The garden photos are making me jealous. I really need to get my gardening act together!

Shauna said...

The camera is awesome Buddy! It couldn't have happened to a nicer girl.

Kristin said...

Sweet camera. Have a fantastic vacation. Loved your post--highlights of a happy family summer. What could be better?

Britney said...

Woot Woot! Holla for the new camera! :) Love the pictures. I can't believe you had time to post. I'm a bigger slacker than you -- I didn't go to Mexico and I still haven't posted anything.