The beach was beautiful! Being from California I was expecting the water to be cold like the Pacific but it was far from cold. It was surprisingly warm. The days were hot and humid -- most days the temperature was in the upper 90's but we always has a nice breeze to cool us off.
The beach was a source of great happiness for the kids. Who doesn't love to play in the sand? Barry being such a smart little fellow of course practiced his ABC's.
Here is a picture of Will after he got stung. Can you see the line where the stinging tentacle was on his hand? In our family Will & Cole got stung the worst, Cole's was on his foot and he had about 6 stings. He had to have some Tylonol and it took several hours for the pain to subside. The rest of us just had minor little dots from the end of the tentacles. But Brady really got stung! A jellyfish stung him I don't know how many times on his thigh and he really was out for the afternoon.
As far as treatment for the stings -- the first aid book that was at Brady & Kate's house said to rinse the sting with sea water not fresh and then to put rubbing alcohol or vinegar on it. Later when it starts to itch we put a hydro-cortizone cream on it. That seemed to work just fine -- sorry no peeing on each other.

12 comments:
Darn! I was so hoping for a recap of that FRIENDS episode when they peed on each other! :)
Great photos! Especially the ones of them catching the waves and of the shells. You of course, look lovely in black and in your hat. I love it!
It looks like such a dreamy trip.
I vaguely remember being laughed at for wearing a similar hat. How is it that I am a nerd and you are not?
What beautiful pictures-that new camera is working out really well. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm jealous!
i love your pictures. .. it looks marvelous and i am just a little jealous of your trip! i think my favorite is your first one with just the feet with the beach and water. . it that will's feet in that one?
so glad you are back and had a marvelous time!
Chantel -- the difference is that I only wear the hat at the beach. You my sun fearing friend wear it at all times :) But I have to admit you look much better in your hat than I do in mine!
Great pictures. Love the sunset. I want to check out your new camera. I'm in the market for a new one myself.
wow! you've been a bit busy! how fun that you all went to mexico! sun, sand and surf are some of my fave things. (good thing we live close to it.) awesome photos! love the one of barry peeking out from behind the door. and the two little mischeif makers at the fountain in the hotel. ha! climbing into it is classic!
have to say that i am a bit jealous of that fab piece of new machinery you have there. i bet you are snapping away. ENJOY! good thing you don't live close or you might find it missing.
and i love the hat picture. you look fab! you should use that as your profile picture. totally cute. have a fun rest of the summer! what's left of it anyway.
Hi Heidi! Long time no talk! I just went through your blog and love the pictures. Mexico looked like a blast....so beautiful. I think I dream that I am 1/2 Mexican because I love that food sooo dang much. You guys seem like you are doing great. We miss you and do tell Cord that we do think he is "so cool."
What, no peeing!? I was thinking of the Friends episode too! That would have made some memories!
I love all the photos. It makes me miss the beach so much. It's nature's best playground, for sure. Too bad the jellyfish came to play too!
Do you really burn?! I don't believe it. (And yes, that is totally a Chantel-SunHater-Hat!!
OOps, I'm signed in as AUstin!
What an amazing trip! It looks absolutely beautiful and relaxing. Everything a vacation should be. Love all the pictures. Am I right that you drove all the way to Mexico? Or did you fly from AZ? Anyhow, loved looking at these. Lots of fun.
Post a Comment