Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girls Camp


Last week Alli & I went to girls camp!  We had the best time!  

Here are the girls from our ward all decked out in their choice & accountability orange. We took this picture right before our skit.  

This year our ward  choose to be "first aid kits".  We were asked by the stake to be something that you would take on a trip or a journey.  The girls thought that since we were choice & accountability we would be first aid kits ready to fix mistakes -- like repentance.

We made the shirts using my favorite freezer paper technique and I think they turned our grand.


Hailey, Alli & Caroline -- being the silly girls they are.

Here we are -- try not to notice that I have no make-up on.  Remember...I WAS at camp! :) At least I had a hat on so didn't have to see the "do".


It was so great to be away from daily life and spend a week with the young women.  The are amazing girls who lifted my soul. Sorry if that sounds cheesy but it is true!  

Every year I take this photo of Alli & Caitlyn.  I can't wait until their last year when I can give then a copy of each one & they can see how they've grown.  They are so much a like it cracks me up.

Here is Alli during her solo time studying her scriptures.  This picture make me a little teary.

Here the girls are completing one of the challenge course experiences.  It's called the "spider web".  Essentially there is a spider web made of rope hung between two trees.  The challenge is to get each girl through one hole in the web at a time.  Each hole can only be used once and everyone on the team must make it to the other side.  Also if you touch the web you have to start over.  The girls had to work as a team and they did so brilliantly.  This photo makes me laugh because Emily was laughing and screaming as they passed her through.


On the lake.  These are the YW leaders I went with. 

Each night there was an amazing sunset and I felt blessed to have the time to watch it.  I loved camp and especially loved being there with my daughter.  I only hope that I will have the same opportunity with Lily.  Tomorrow is a big day for Lily -- she is getting baptized.  You can bet there will be pictures of that posted soon.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I can't believe how old the girls look! I've only been gone a year and they all grew up on me. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time at camp- Lucky!

Karen said...

I love the picture of you and Alli...you look gorgeous...even without makeup

Britney said...

I LOVE girls camp! You are so lucky to get to be involved -- again!

The t-shirts turned out cute!
Great photos -- you look beautiful without makeup!

Brenda said...

All I can say...through tears, I might add, is that I'm SO jealous! What an absolute blast! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Robyn said...

Great photos, especially the sunset and of course Alli with the scriptures open. I am sure that would make me teary too- an image a mother always wants to remember! Looks like you had a great time and the tees came out perfect!