Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She's Crafty...

No -- I'm not talking about the Beastie Boys song. Although that song does take me back to my junior year of high school...those were the days..."you've got to fight, for the right to party"...anyway...

The other night I felt the need to craft and so a few of my gal pals came over and we hung out & made these cute graphic t-shirts for our kids. They were so easy and so fun and I have a million ideas swimming around in my head of what to "print" on the next t-shirt. The possibilities are endless!


We got the idea here. But we didn't use the paint she suggested instead we used the good ol' fabric paint from the craft store that doesn't have to be heat set. Shauna found a lot of great images online. We traced them, cut them out, ironed on the freezer paper and viola a cute "t".



Look at those faces! What goofy kids!


Arrrrg matey!




Sorry Brenda -- I know your eyes are closed but I had to show this cute shirt. I love this stencil!


And finally here is Britney crafting something of her very own...she IS crafty!

5 comments:

3girlsmom said...

what a fun idea! i might just have to try that with my girls. put that in the summer stuff to do bank. and btw i am extremely jealous of your built-ins in your living room! soooooo fab with the different color paint behind the books. love it!

Shauna said...

Oh those handsome boys! So suave Barry!
Oh my, I love what Britneys making, what a cute little chunk of love my friend.
Thanks for the great time Heidi hoopster, you rock.

Chantel said...

The shirts are so cute. My little crafty friend. The girls and I are attempting that one next.

Brenda said...

I'm actually sleeping...wasn't it 12:30 in the morning?

Robyn said...

Wish I could have come! Looks like a great project. You guys are so talented!