Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools


So I haven't been sleeping lately. I am not sure why (could it be that the big 4 0 is fast approaching) but for several months now I am able to get to sleep but then I wake up at 3:00am or so and I just can't go back to sleep. Well, last night was worse than normal -- I think I got about 2 hours of shut eye -- and not all at once.

Cord being the good hubby that he is had me go back to bed this morning and I slept in until 11:00 -whooo hooo! When I came down stairs the boys were happily coloring and I asked where dad was. They replied that he had just gone out to his office to take a business call (he works from home).

Well, a fully rested me, who realized that today was in fact April Fools Day concocted a plan.

I sent Will running into the office yelling that Barry had just pooped on the floor. Hee Hee! I knew that Cord thought I was still asleep and wouldn't suspect a thing. Plus although Barry has been potty trained for some time -- it might be possible -- right? (so you don't think I am too mean I did peek though the window to make sure he was off the phone)

I wish you could have seen Cordy hauling it into the house. Will came running in ahead of him and was totally laughing. "Where is it?" Cord exclaimed, only to be met with giggles as Will Barry & I popped up and yelled "April Fools!"

"That was a good one" Cord agreed.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I can totally see Cord's face as he ran in the door! Good one.

The Vests said...

I am acually laughing out loud here by myself. Good one!

3girlsmom said...

good one! i totally forgot it was april fool's as i was tanning by the pool with the kids! (and yes, i was rubbing that one in.) hope you get warm soon!

Shauna said...

Good one!

Unknown said...

that is just way too funny!
. . . and after he was so nice and let you sleep, too!

Christie said...

Sorry about the sleepless nights. That's rough! But, at least you got to sleep in and have a good laugh! Cord is a good sport. That's all I've got to say!

Robyn said...

I love that one! You got him good. Too bad you didn't have the video camera rolling. We would've loved to see it! Ha

Kristin said...

Ha--that's awesome!!