Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Party

On Monday we celebrated Barry's birthday in a big way. All of our local cousins came over and and boy do those kids know how to party!

Earlier that morning Barry & Will helped me make the cupcakes. Barry picked the frosting color & they both helped put the sprinkles on. I tried to have them do this over a plate to contain the sprinkles a bit. But as luck would have it Barry spilled the plate of excess sprinkles on the floor anyway. Good times! I thought I might just leave them on the floor and tell everyone it was confetti - but decided against it when I remembered there would be crawling kids present (your welcome Lindy).


Here are the 4 year old cousins. I love, love, love this picture!

This one too!

I wish I would have been smart enough to close the blinds but...well...we all know I'm not very smart.

Here is the whole gang. Everyone is smiling and happy except Satchel who looks a little concerned. I crack up when I see Cole totally laughing. And then there is Lily...what in the heck is she doing to her shirt?


Barry got some great gifts -- thanks to good friends and family!

There was a sad part to our day. We had to say good bye to Shayla & Max.

They are moving back to Oklahoma (with a pit stop in Wyoming) to wait for Brig to return from Iraq. We are really going to miss them. I wish I video of Max doing all of his animal impressions -- so dang cute!

And finally I have to give a shout out to Alli who watched ALL those kids so we could go out & eat. She is the champ!! Sorry Tevi -- not the best picture of you. :)

6 comments:

Risa and Barry said...

I finally got on your blog, Heidi, to see the pictures of the party and find out the scoop on what went on. If I sounded a little dumb on the phone, it was because I hadn't seen your blog yet. That party looked like a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there! Love the pictures of the kids. Thanks so much for posting them.

Anonymous said...

...and not the best picture of me either. :P

Britney said...

So cute! I love the photos of the kids. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Robyn said...

What a fun party for Barry! Cute cousin photos are the best. Looks like he had a great day. Happy Bday big guy. Alli is the best! We still miss our favorite babysitter. I had big plans for her... sigh.

3girlsmom said...

LOVE the pics too!!! how cute is that one of them in anticipation of the cupcakes? i think that one needs a frame.

and i love the old navy "celebrity" story! tooooo cute. happy birthday late to the bday boy!!

btw LOVE your new header. way fab! one of these days i really need to learn how to use photoshop. hmmmm.....now to only get mauricio to install it on the house computer so i can actually do it when i have the time.

Debra said...

Good NIGHT he's getting old. What a sweet boy. Looks like another good Udall party.