Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Strawberry Goodness


I have had a few requests for this recipe -- So I thought I'd share it with one and all. This is a favorite at my house the kids devour it and well lets say that Cord has a few small pieces too.

Base layer
1 white cake mix
Prepare according to package directions. Bake in a jelly roll pan for 15 minutes or until done.

Middle layer
1 package (8oz) cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 small tub Cool Whip

With your mixer beat the cream cheese and the sugar together until smooth. Add the cool whip and gently combine . Spread this layer on top of the cooled cake.

Top layer
3-4 pints of strawberries sliced
2 packages of strawberry Junket or other purchased strawberry pie glaze --(feel free to make your own as well)

Prepare the Junket and when cooled stir in the sliced strawberries. Spread this strawberry mixture of top of the cream cheese mixture and chill about 1 hour.

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

You had me at the picture. . . but when I also saw the cream cheese... well I'm sure I'm in love. Thanks for sharing.

Shauna said...

Looks so good Heidi. What a perfect thing to do with strawberries. I'll make it!

Anya said...

Oh, bless you heart!!!
Strawberry short cake is my FAV. and anything that resembles that is my FAV....so, I will be a happy girl sometime this week, for I will be eating this goodness.( and I will probably hide it from the rest of my family)

Robyn said...

Yum, strawberries... cream cheese... hold me back! That looks divine.

Britney said...

Amen Robyn! Cream cheese makes everything better!

Why have you never served this to me?!? I thought we were friends!!!!
(I feel like I've said that before about several of your cakes! So many cakes, so little time!)

Heidi said...

If you guys say it looks good.Then try it. It is good!
love lily

3girlsmom said...

mmmmm......can't wait to try that one! too bad i didn't see it before the strawberries became $4 a pint!