Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July Birthday Boys


July is a busy birthday month for us.  I am hoping to have pictures of Lily's birthday soon. Her birthday was on the 8th and we celebrated it in Mexico.  Hopefully I will have those pictures back to post soon. Our hard drive is off being fixed (again). 

We had two other birthdays this month as well...

Cole's birthday was on the 14th and he spent it playing baseball.  

 He had two or three games that day.  His team came in first place in the city's Pinto league. So they played in a multi-city tournament that week . 

In between games we ate cake and opened presents. Cole  wants to thank all the Grandma's Grandpa's for the great gifts.  

The big surprise gift was from Mom & Dad (mostly dad).  Here is a great picture of him opening up the package with the bb's in it.

He can't believe his eyes! (neither could I)


We spent that night watching his game.  It really was a lot of fun.  Who doesn't love baseball on a summer night!?

The next night his team had two more games which they won -- so they were undefeated and won the tournament!  

A few of the games were really close and there were some nice words and pleasantries exchanged between fans -- good times! Cole had a great season and learned a lot this year.

The other birthday boy was Cord.  His birthday was yesterday.

The kids and I got balloons and party hats to celebrate.  They had so much fun picking out the balloon colors, we ended up with quite the array.  

After we were home for about 2 minutes I walked outside to find Penny decked out with a party hat Barry put on her. 

The birthday boy!


Rugrat central

Thanks for the gifts & cards!

While at the party store Cole found a section of gags & practical jokes.  He begged me to buy these tiny balls that when placed in someone's drink grow quickly into a worm. 

Gross!

Really gross!

So as you can see I let them buy the joke worms and they were placed in Cord's glass of milk.  I guess part of the worm went into Cord's mouth and he was sufficiency grossed out.  Cole & Lily laughed their heads off.  

Happy Birthday!!

And because I don't want to leave you with that lovely image I will post a picture of cute Alli. She is off at E.F.Y. so she isn't in any of the pictures. 

Just before I took her over to BYU I took this picture.  She rolled her eyes and said "It's not the first day of school mom!" (make sure you read that with a lot of attitude.)

Undaunted I snapped away.

8 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Fun times! I love the worm. I've got to get some of those.

And Ali is BEAUTIFUL. I'm thinking she needs to visit St. Johns and date Cade. (I promise he is usually pretty sweet).

3girlsmom said...

how fun! happy bday to the two bday boys. don't you love how the little ones always want to include the dogs in all the celebrations?

and for the record i used to like baseball on summer nights until i moved to south florida! it be DANG hot and MUGGY here even at night! although we did sacrafice our comfort and went a few times when the marlins were in the world series.

Amanda said...

Love the worms-- will have to remember to look for them sometime in the future. Fun times-- Happy Birthday

Unknown said...

happy birthday to all!
don't you have one coming up soon as well?
busy times for you. . .. call when things calm down.

Shauna said...

I totally love this guy!
Happy Birthday Cole the coolest!

Shauna said...

Oh, and, Happy Birthday to Cord!
Love the worm.

Karen said...

Love the one with the birthday hat on Penny! Soooo funny.

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Cord and Cole!

Wowy Zowy! A Beebee (sp?) gun!!!! My boys will be so jealous!

Yucky little worm balls....ew!

Love the bday hats!