Thursday, September 23, 2010

Homecoming

Now some of my big city friends may not quite get this, but here in my town HS homecoming is a city wide celebration. The local businesses on Main street have their windows filled with posters made by students and Red Devil shirts are sold in stores from Walmart & Walgreens to the hardware store. I have to admit it's pretty fun!


There were fun things planned all week for the students including a movie shown out on the soccer field -- but the real fun starts on Thursday night. That is when the homecoming light parade makes it's way through the streets and there is a big bonfire at the school where they light the "S". Oh & they burned a lion too (on top of the S). We played the Payson Lions Friday night.

Before the game on Friday night the students had a huge paint fight and a tailgate party...

 


Lily, Cole and I went to the game.  Cole parted ways with me 2 minutes after we arrived and he hung out with all the Jr. High kids instead.  We sat with some of our neighbors, ate scones and had a good time at our own "Friday Night Lights".  Here is Lily with Cathie and below are Mark & Heidi.  Heidi loves to have her pictures taken so I had to make sure I put her on here. -- you're welcome Heidi.




We won the game which is great but I wish it would have been a more exciting game.  It was kind of a blow out.


At half time they presented royalty and one of Alli's best friends was an attendant.  Caitlyn is on the far left (She is the daughter of my friend Cathie who is in the photo with Lily above).



Here are Alli & her peeps before heading off to eat with everyone after the game.

Then on Saturday night was the dance.  Alli was a beautiful as ever!


She got asked by one of her good friends Estevan. My favorite thing is the Nerf hoop on the door...nice


There were something like 12 couples in their group --all football players. They played kickball Saturday afternoon and then went to a nice restaurant for dinner, took pictures at the football coaches house and danced the night away. Then they went to one of the guys house for a chocolate fountain and movie. Needless to say it was a great night for Alli.





I am so glad Alli has great friends and that she is having such a fun school year so far! Now she is getting ready to ask someone to Sadie Hawkins!

6 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Oh to be young again! OK, not really, but oh to be able to wear fun dresses again! Alli looks beautiful as always.

Our Homecoming is this Friday. Sydney isn't old enough to go to the dance, but she's still been busy with all of the other activities. Fun, fun times.

Unknown said...

oh so much fun!
you really are a red devil now, aren't you??
of course ali looks beautiful, and i love seeing all the modest dresses on the girls. you don't always see that these days!

Britney said...

I agree -- so much fun!(I wish I could have a paint fight -- that looks awesome!)

Ali looks so beautiful! I'm glad it was such a great night for her.

Shauna said...

Pretty color for Ali. It all looks so fun. Red Devils, YEAH!

Britney said...

Isabella just said while looking at the photos "OH!" (In a very high pitched voice with a hint of surprise)... "Soooooo cute! She looks so pretty. I just love her dress"

We love ourselves some Ali around here.

Robyn said...

The girls all look so gorgeous! Ah, to be in high school... I am impressed by their beautiful gowns. Looks like a fun night for everyone!