Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School and Blogging

Inquiring minds want to know why I haven't been blogging -- I wish I had a good answer but I don't .  I have been super busy and I guess that is part of it and I feel like I have so much to catch up on I feel a little overwhelmed.  You know, like when you haven't written in your journal for a year and you feel like you need to fill in some blanks, but then there is just too much to write so you leave your journal neatly tucked away on your night stand. Yeah, that's me.  But the grandparents have needs -- needs that can only be met through pictures of their grandkids -- so here goes!  :)

School started for us a few weeks ago and I tortured my kids by making them take first day of school pictures (again).  Alli wanted to know if we could just take them after school but I said no way they have to be taken before school just as they have been for the last 12 years.



Alli is starting her junior year and is having the time of her life -- those were the days!  She has a good mix of classes.  Some take more time like honors english and chemistry, but others are right up her alley and she loves them like art and yearbook.  She has a great group of friends and they have a lunch group where they rotate eating at each others houses a few times a week.  She has been going to all the football and soccer games and just got asked to homecoming so we need to do some dress shopping.  It's going to be a great year for her and I am trying not to think about that fact that she will be graduating in two short years.


This is a big year for Cole.  He is done with the little peeps at the elementary school and has moved on the the Jr High!  He was nervous about finding his way to all his classes but it hasn't been a problem.  There is one time in the day where he has to cross campus to get from one class to the other and he was worried about having enough time but it has been fine.  He has made some new friends who have already been over to play X-Box with him -- so life it good.  It's also football season so he is super busy with practices, games and homework.  Plus mom being the mean lady that she is still has him taking piano.


Little miss Lily is in the 4th grade this year and she is so excited to have the teacher she really wanted.  She has several good friends in her class so naturally life is good.  At her elementary school they have a student council made up of 4th-6th grade students.  And it's time to run for office.  The 4th graders can run for school secretary so she decided she is going to go for it.  Last night she wrote her essay of why she wants to run and what she will "bring to the table" so to speak.  We will make her a poster this weekend to hang in the lunchroom.  There are about 8 kids running (for secretary) in the primary and from that group 2 will be chosen to run in the final election.  I am proud of her for not being scared and going for it.  We'll see next week if she makes it to the next round. She is doing great at piano too and will be starting gymnastics soon.


Will is a big first grader.  He had a bit of a hard time adjusting to life in the fast lane -- recess with all the big kids, lunch at school and none of his really good friends in his class.  But he is cruising now and feel much more confident.  He still doesn't want to try and buy a school lunch but he has at least settled in, has made some new friends and is having a great time at school.  He is playing soccer too and is really loving it.


Barry...Barry...Barry...well my lille homeboy has started kindergarten.  He was super excited to start going to the same school as the other kids.  He jumped right in and wasn't nervous one bit.


He has a good friend in his class and that helped too.  Barry has the same teacher as Will did last year so I think he felt pretty comfortable with where he was since he had been in the classroom and met the teacher before.  He loves coming home and doing his homework and feels happy about being a kindergartener.  Barry is playing soccer too and has fun.. He isn't the best at concentrating on the game but is sure has a good time with his friends!  His BFF Boston is on the team and when they aren't playing they are having grass fights on the sidelines.

Life is good at the Udall home.  I wish I could bottle everyone up and keep them at this stage forever.  But then I have wanted to do that millions of times as they have grown up from those sweet smelling newborns to the great kids they are today.  Each stage is fun and rewarding and I know there is only more happiness to come.  It's so great to be a mother. I love it and am so blessed to have all these rug rats in my home!

5 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Oh, they are growing up! What beautiful/handsome kids you have. I'm kind of like you, I wish the world would stop and I could keep them all with me, but at the same time, I've enjoyed every stage of their lives. I guess that's all we can do-be grateful for the time we have...

Chantel said...

All the kids in school? Heidi you are living the dream.

Rachel said...

my oldest recently moved out and I can't believe how incredibly sad I am! Cry at a drop of a hat when I go in to his old room which is now being turned in to his sister. Wish I could turn back time!

Unknown said...

you word the thoughts of kids and mother hood so well! sometimes I wish we could bottle time. . .but I guess that is one reason we blog. .. so we won't forget every moment and how special it is!

Risa and Barry said...

Heidi, those pictures are worth a thousand words! What precious kids! Thanks, also, for sharing how they seem to be feeling about school this year. It's a great post and much appreciated!