Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lily's Primary Talk


Here is the talk Lily gave in Primary on Sunday.  She and Gabi also sang in Relief Society -- they sounded amazing.  And she made me laugh about 100 times yesterday.

She is such a fun girl to have around! I really do love her guts!!

"I love chocolate cake.  I love banana cake, lemon cake and German Chocolate cake.   I will do almost anything for cake.  I will clean my room, do dishes or dust. My love for cake motivates me to do lots of things.  I also love Jesus Christ. 
Because I love the Savior I will, follow his commandments.  Like I will honor my mother and father.  I will go to church and I will pay my tithing.  One important commandment is to love one another.  When I show love to others it makes me feel good and I feel my Saviors love too.  Feeling his love for me makes me want to obey him even more.
When I eat cake I feel good.  But that only last a few minutes.  And cake doesn’t love me back.  When I follow Jesus Christ I feel his love and that makes me want to try harder to keep his commandments. "
 

7 comments:

Christie said...

That is so sweet! (No pun intended). I love it that it's in her own words. Said so well. I bet the kids will really remember it, too.

I might have to ask her permission to use that analogy for Sharing Time, and then hand out cupcakes. Mmm, sounds good.

Chantel said...

That talk is better than every single talk I have ever given. And the picture is fabulous.

Britney said...

I love that talk. I can totally relate to it. She is one smart little kid. Not only does she love cake, but she wrote a talk about it. This is only one of several reasons she is probably one of the cutest kids around. You must be so proud.

p.s. I will admit, when I think of you, I think of cake. As a matter of fact, this past Sunday afternoon I wondered what kind of cake you might be making and I almost called to find out, but I didn't want to interrupt family time. See??? Cake has great importance in your family. :)

Marcie Ashton said...

What a girl. I love her honesty!

Heidi said...

You are all so nice! Lily said she got a few chuckles when she said that cake doesn't love her back :)

Oh & Britney we had lemon cake!

Robyn said...

What a cute talk! She is such a smart girl. I love it when you can tell it comes from their heart!

I will do anything for pumpkin. I will dust for pumpkin, I will do laundry, I will wash blinds...

Karen said...

What a great talk! What a great kid.