I remember every summer my mom canned fruit, made jam and even made fruit leather. Now you would think with my maiden name being Canning that I would do the same. But I just haven't gotten into the canning. I do however love to make jam. I found raspberries on sale at the store ($9.99 a flat) so yesterday Lily & I made some good jam then for lunch we all had peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on squishy white bread!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Heidi Homemaker
I remember every summer my mom canned fruit, made jam and even made fruit leather. Now you would think with my maiden name being Canning that I would do the same. But I just haven't gotten into the canning. I do however love to make jam. I found raspberries on sale at the store ($9.99 a flat) so yesterday Lily & I made some good jam then for lunch we all had peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on squishy white bread!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
OK...Where did you score the 10 dollar berries? You must share your secret! My children are totally ruined you know...they won't eat jam unless it's homemade, period! Looks like you've been having a great time with family...call and come see me when you get a sec. Bren :O)
There is nothing like homemade jam. it goes quickly at my house. time to make more! looks good.
I got the berries at Reams. They still had a lot yesterday.
What a fun thing to do together. (That is a good deal. I need to come down to Reams. Did you do cannned/cooked jam or freezer?) Maybe I'll just call you!
I love 'homemade' jam...I have not mastered the art, but I am jealous you ate yummy pb&j sandwiches with squishy white bread no less!
YUMMY! Raspberry jam is my favorite of all favorites. Except for my other favorites of all favorites of course!
I need to go and do the same. Thanks for the inspiration!
We made the cooked jam -- earlier in the spring we made several batches of strawberry freezer jam. It's funny i made that jam with Lily too!
all hail to the domestic goddess heidi. raspberry is one of my favorite jams. yummy!!!
Yeah! I made lots and lots of raspberry jam. Thanks to you and your inspiration!
Post a Comment