
Today was moving day for the shed. A guy in our ward who is a landscaper bought our shed today. He came over about 6:00 with his crew to take it down the street to his house. In preparation Cord had to be lifted in the bucket of this bobcat and trim some of the branches. I must admit I was nervous that he was going to fall out of that thing with the chain saw and there was going to be a lot of blood.

Here is is trimming some more branches at the front of the tree.

They used one bobcat to lift the shed as they placed straps under it.


They then ties the straps to each bobcat and lifted it up while someone else backed the trailer under the shed. There were several moments when I was sure the shed was going to be in Cords office. Or smashed on the ground.

So they started to move it out and realized there was no way it was going to fit so......

Cord cut more branches of the tree. This time the branches were really big and I was really sad. The kids kept asking me if we were killing the tree. That whole branch above Cord came down. :(

There was great discussion among the men as to how to maneuver the shed out of the yard and over the irrigation ditch with out cutting any more branches. But Cord did have to cut some more.

Finally the shed was on it's way

So at 9:30 the shed left our house to be better used elsewhere. In it's place Cord is going to put up a pergola -- he has about 5 days to do it!
10 comments:
Wow, what a production. The funny question I am sitting here thinking is this... Why on earth would anyone living in your house need a shed? Seriously, is the garage not big enough? It's like 1200 sq feet isn't it? So funny.
I am sure you are very happy to have sold it and to have a pergola on the way. Lucky you! Oh, except for the wounded tree. Sorry to hear about that. I bet Cord had fun with the chain saw though.
holy schmoley, I hope your tree is okay, the pergola will be a fabulous replacement for the shed...this sure made for some great pictures. Cord with a chainsaw high above his head while on top of a bobcat, it has the makings for a scary movie, perhaps not a good scary movie, but one none-the-less
So, I was thinking, maybe you should have chopped down the shed and left the tree!
i didn't even notice a shed at your place - did you save the swing set? i hear from brig every once in awhile, i think he is still alive. i'm glad that Cord thinks Max is cooler than Brig because that means I am somewhat cool since he is part me.
The swing set was saved from any falling limbs -- it will be all ready for max to play on while we chill under teh pergola! :D
Now you need to post a picture of what your tree looks like! I can see there was a lot of excitement at your house that day!
BTW.. thanks for updating your blog so much!
Shauna -- very funny! (cut down the shed and leave the tree!!! :))
That was quite the production and it looked a bit precarious at times! I'm glad however that it is finally gone and you can move on to the dreamy pergola. Good luck!
Wowzers, poor tree. Yes, Cord with the chain saw would worry me too. Where was Keegan during all of this? Is he going to be helping to build the pergola? I can't wait for the finished product, complete with pillows made by you!
o
Post a Comment