Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mom Turns 60

Wednesday was my mom's 60th birthday. Her birthday kicked off the reunion festivities. Here she and Lily (who looks a lot like her don't you think) are looking cute in their sombreros.

We put up the birthday banner and the kids picked out some balloons. I had to pick up a birthday girl tiara for fun. We grabbed her out of the garden to take this picture -- hence the gardening gloves.

Mom's favorite dessert is strawberry shortcake -- and just look at all that Cool Whip -- yum! And isn't she cute! I can't tell you how great it has been to have her here this last week. I hope someday we can be close enough to spend every birthday together!

Now I know this looks a little weird but... in my family on your birthday you have to sit in a chair and the family holds hands in a circle around you and sings happy birthday. Then each time they pass you they ruffle your hair. It is so much fun! So mom had 30 people dancing around her. I think the neighbors may have thought we were preforming some sort of pagan ritual.

5 comments:

Britney said...

Your mom is so cute! Lily does look a lot like her -- and both your mom and Lily are so cute!

Love the birthday banner and the tiara.

I too may have wondered about your strange pagan ritual!!! ha ha ha :)

P.S. It's about time!!!!! Where have you been??!!!! We've missed you! :)

Unknown said...

how sweet, heidi. what a fun little tradition! have fun with all your family!

Shauna said...

Yes, your Mom is very cute and she looks happy! Everyone looks like they're having fun. Good times, good memories.

Unknown said...

how neat, your mom doesn't look a day over 50...that is a fabulous tradition.

Brenda said...

Your parents look great! Tell your Mom I said happy late b-day! What a splendid looking family...and what better memories you've made! :O)