Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas


  

Christmas was wonderful!  Here are a few highlights....


The best treat of all was that my grandma (Grandma K) got to come and be with us for Christmas.  I can't tell you how happy it made me that she was willing at 86 to hop on a plane and come for a visit.  

We had such a great time and made memories that my family will cherish.


Christmas eve was spent with our good friends the Vests.  As is customary the kids dressed up and acted out the nativity as Cord read the scriptures.  This year we even had a sweet baby to play Jesus.  



Christmas morning the kids lined up by age and tumbled down the stairs to see what Santa brought.


(A few things I love about this picture 1) Barry w/ his hands in his pockets -- so blasé for Christmas morning.  2) Will just might be possessed -- check out those eyes.  3) Lily is a wacky Jackie  4) The teens don't want their pictures taken.)




I won't bore you with the thousands of present opening pictures I have but I do need to share one special gift Cord received.

For I don't know how many years Cord has been telling the kids he has a spanking machine.  He threatens to bring it out of the basement and turn it on full force.  Well, for the last couple years he has also been saying that the principle of the elementary school has one in his office.

He even told this to our neighbor Regan, who promptly went to her kindergarden teacher and asked if it was true.  Of course the teacher denied all knowledge of the "spankin' machine".  So when Regan's mom picked her up from school that day and asked how her day was she yelled out "Cord is a liar!!"

So look what the kids whipped up for Cord for Christmas....


It works!!



They used hot glue, tinker toys, gloves, and a fan to create the best present ever!

After all opening of presents and eating of food we spent the rest of the week putting together next to impossible puzzles with grandma.




Oh & Cord did a little more shoveling!


We hope your Christmas was merry and bright!

8 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I LOVE the spanking machine. You have a bunch of clever kids!

I also loved the puzzles with your grandma. That is one of our traditions as well-we get a special puzzle to put together between Christmas and New Years. Fun times!

Britney said...

I love that you remembered to take pictures of your kids coming down for Christmas. Great pictures!

I LOVE that spanking machine! You have some funny kids and a very funny husband. Love it! Love it!

Anya said...

First....love the spanking machine ;) It made me laugh. Your kids are so creative.
Second....the very first picture of your kids...as I saw it, I thought the exact same thing about your teenagers as you did. Funny kids!

symonie said...

The spanking machine is hilarious. And I love Cord's shirt. It actually says "Cha Cha Cha" on it. What could be more perfect?
Great pics of all the kids and your Gma and the snow . . . so glad for blogs! Yours is one of the best!

symonie said...

Hmm, I went back and looked through the pics again and Cord's shirt says Ch Ch Cha Chia. Not as perfect as I thought (for the resident queer-dance dancer of your house) but still pretty great! :)

Chantel said...

Cord is a liar! I can't stop laughing. The spanking machine is hilarious. I love looking at your blog. It always gives me a very needed laugh. Love your guts

Kristin said...

You got some beautiful pictures.

That spanking machine is awesome. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

yup mom I am a wackie jackie . :)