On the last day before Christmas break we had a snow day. This is the usual practice in the east and other places -- closing school because a some snow accumulation -- but here, we haven't had a snow day in 35 years!
While I was trying to shovel out the car that morning (at 6:30) Alli came running out to tell me school was cancelled. She had a friend send her a text "It's a Christmas miracle!" ha ha!
We ended up with 18 inches of snow...
And yes, we have a 3 car garage and no, not one of those cars was parked in the garage. Good times!
I have to say it was beautiful. One thing I love about that much snow is how amazing it looks in the trees and how quiet it makes the streets.
I was glad we didn't need to go anywhere. Instead we sat by the fire and hung out. The kids of course had to run out and play.
Doesn't Alli look like she is having such a great time playing!?
We were glad to have a white Christmas!

2 comments:
That is A LOT of snow!!! My favorite part is "It's a Christmas miracle!" That still makes me laugh.
Snow days are awesome. I grew up on the east coast where they are fairly common. Those pictures of the trees are beautiful. It really is lovely.
Post a Comment