Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year



It has been a while since I've blogged and I have been feeling the pressure to get at it again.  It's funny, I logged on to my blog reader and saw that I had 537 posts to read.

Whew! That's a lot!

Needless to say I won't be reading all of them.

We have been super busy around here and have been having a great time. I will post some of our happenings soon.

With the beginning of a new year I am feeling the pressure to set some resolutions -- which I usually try to avoid.  I tend to set lofty goals and then feel bad about myself when I don't accomplish them.

I have seen several people choose a word to focus on for the year.  You know like authentic, simplify, create, believe, renew... the list of inspirational words could go on.

So I asked myself what word would I choose.  Immediately words like, clean (as in laundry, dishes, and bathroom), make, (as in sack lunches, dinner and my bed) remember (as in homework, church assignments, science projects, doctor & vet appointments, & piano, football, choir, wrestling, baseball, gymnastic practices).  Then the word that I frequently say to my friends and family came to mind.  Usually I spell it out. "C-a-l-m down" is what I say.  So today I am saying it to myself.  "Calm down Heidi" --just love your family and make time for them and everything will be just fine.  Who cares if you are a fatty and the house is a mess.  With any luck at the end of the year you will have made a few quilts, read a few books, and made some great memories with the kids.

(And with that said I will be sending out family Valentines Day cards because I am lame and didn't get my Christmas cards done -- but I did do a bunch a great stuff with the kidos)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

glad to see you posting again! I enjoy your positive uplifting posts! Hope your heath is good!

Britney said...

Love it! Love you! Great word choice. And OF COURSE, you will have done a few quilts, read some books, and spent great times with your kids. That's just the kind of gal you are!

The Vests said...

Good laugh!

Marcie Ashton said...

I love this. It's such an inspiration. I always have big plans for the new year as well. After twenty years, I still need to lose 15 pounds, quit drinking Pepsi and exercise daily. Maybe this year I'll shoot for something a little more sensible...

Glad you're back to blogging. I've missed you.

Chantel said...

Heidi, you are so fabulous. You need no resolutions. Just stay exactly the same. If you improve none of us will ever be able to catch up.

Anya said...

Oh, how I love you! You made me laugh!