Thursday, January 13, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gifts

I made a few gift for family this year.  First I made a few of these pennant advent calendars.  Two were given away and one we kept for ourselves.  

They were fun to put together.  After I made the little pennants I printed out numbers on transfer paper and cut out the circles with a punch.  


I found this great mini pom pom trim and used that to sew them all together.


Then we filled them with treat and enjoyed the count down to Christmas!


This is the pillow I mad my brother Chris & his wife Kim.  Kim told me she needed to add some color to her living room so I thought this might do the trick.


One of my favorite parts is the carving on the tree...


For my mom & dad I made this quilt.  I have been working on it all year.  Little by little I have made a few blocks here and a few blocks there.  Then I didn't like the setting it was supposed to be in so I made the center medallion and added the border.  Now i love it and I hope my parents do too!




I also made some monogramed towels for Lindy & Aki & there family but I am such a dork & I didn't take pictures of them!!  

I love making things to give as gifts I just wish I had a little more time to do it more often. 

9 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

You are flat out amazing. Those look so professional!

3girlsmom said...

dang! you've been a busy beaver! awesome stuff. love the advent pennants.

The Prothero Gang said...

I wish I could have as much talent as you do!!! I really need a new church bag. Any patterns for that. You amaze me!!

Rachel said...

So adorable! I may have to copy next year. What a great thing to give to all the YW!

Britney said...

Those are such nice gifts. The quilt turned out absolutely gorgeous! I love that pillow! And that advent banner!!!!....I can't wait until you make one for me;) hint hint

Anya said...

LOVE IT! ALL OF IT!
I will still that pillow pattern idea from you if you don't mind. I just love that!

Karen said...

I completely agree with Marcie... you are AMAZING! That quilt is absolutely gorgeous... the pillow too! Love them!!

RV U's said...

When do you have our fam for Christmas?? :)
Too cool

Kristin said...

you are so incredibly talented. I love seeing the projects you are working on and have completed. Each one is just beautiful.