We have now found 5 Black Widow spiders in our house! I am kind of freaking out! We are having the house sprayed and Cord went around the house sweeping away any webs on the outside of our house and I have been cleaning everywhere I can think of with my handy dandy vacuum hose.We talked to some of our neighbors and apparently they have them too. And most of them have been dealing with them for years. I have lived in Utah for about 20 years and have never seen one before. The weird thing is just how clear the hourglass is on their belly's. Anyway I am feeling a bit like Little Miss Muffet!

13 comments:
I HATE black widows. We find several outside of the house every year and it takes great willpower to kill them. YUCK!
Next time you post a picture of a big black poisonous ugly spider, please let me know. I pulled up your page and soiled my armor.
I remember Jenette telling me that there was one on Erica's light switch in her basement bedroom a year or so ago. I hope that they stay on your side of the street.
Yikes, that IS scary...I truly hate spiders and am quite afraid of them, I think I doomed Jorden into being scared of them too.
Hope you are able to eradicate the problem
I'm the biggest wimp around when it comes to spiders! I would freak out too. But I'm sure everything will be fine once they spray. Think good thoughts!
We had them in the house after all the construction of the addition took place. It took forever not to wake up and find one. They are outside, too. I try and keep debris away form the house..leaves etc. But we have a pile of wood on the side of the house so they may be lurking there. If so I wish they would bite the cats that keep coming and pooping in the flower beds and lawn in the backyard.
yuck!!! that takes me back to my days as a kid in california. we always had them outside. there was one HUGE one spot out by the front porch that we would always watch to see if we could see one lurking there. it IS amazing how you can see their red spot so clearly! my grandma actually made a costume one year for herself one halloween that was a black widow!
we don't have them here in fl (that i know of) but i did run into a water moccasin snake the other day taking the dog out!!! i made mauricio go out at kill it!!
that would seriously give me the creeps! but if you look at the bright side, at least you are getting all this great cleaning done!
black widows! just in time for halloween! oh shiver- that makes me get the willies- good luck!
I'm with Marianne...I don't think you could have planned for your little 8 legged visitors for any better time! How festive...too bad they're poisonous! I think I'd take the spiders over the snake anyday...good luck with all your suckin!
I just had one walking across the floor in my hallway right outside all our bedrooms. I was alone (the kids were in bed) and I ran over there and smashed it just like that. UGH! Sorry to all you spider lovers but I could not have a black widow walking around my house ready to bite one of my kids.
I looked at it closely to see if I was right about it being a black widow. You could barely see the hour glass once its insides were popped out! Oh this is a bit gross! Fitting though!
Courage! Let me know if spraying helps.
That is a scary looking creature! After reading all your comments I have my feet on the chair as I'm typing. I feel like they are everywhere all of the sudden. I'm freaking out.
Yeah, my neighbor found one the other day too. Is this the season? Ha, I don't think they have a season... but anyway... we of course became very acquainted with many species of spiders in Oz. I usually don't even bother killing them but I would smash a black widow for sure. Have fun with your vacuum!
Ha, Karen's comment is so funny. My sister reacted the same when I posted a Huntsman spider on my blog. I had to remove the photo b/c she wouldn't let me forget about it.
Ewww . . .
Post a Comment