Thursday, October 2, 2008
Bathroom Project -- nothing to do with a toothbrush
The kids bathroom is far from what you would call stylish. So I tired to improve it a bit by making some new hooks for the kids towels. Heaven knows they can never put the towels on a towel bar so I am hoping hooks work better.

I got some white letters at the craft store and decoupaged some scrapbook paper on them. And then last time I was at Ikea I picked up these hooks. I think they turned our pretty cute. I also put some bigger hooks by the sink for the hand towel (thanks for the idea Shauna) so I am hoping I will find it on the floors less too!
Then I decided to make a towel for each of the kids -- well I didn't "make" the towel, I just put their initial on it. I printed each letter out on my printer and cut it out. Then pinned the letter to a white hand towel and cut it out. I satin stitched all the way around and wallah a pretty cute towel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
very cute. it wouldn't be "walla" for me, but you make it look easy. hooks are a great idea.
wow! Those are cute. I love the towels. I may have to try that (aka pay someone to do it for me).
Love IKEA... :)
okay martha you need to pass on some of that stitching talent down towards the southeast portion of the u.s. the hooks and towels look cute! i want some towels like that.
good luck with them hanging up the towels. maybe because my hooks are those 3m plain white ones mine never hang their towels up. they are always on their bedroom floors!
maybe i can get inspired from yours to make cute ones! (hooks that is, not the towels. no sewing in my blood.)
I have those very same hooks in my bathroom! I just have to say I love your taste! :O) You are always given that Martha Stewart a run for her money aren't ya?
ARE YOU FOR REAL? Seriously, I don't understand how you do this crafty stuff and quilting and read as many books as you do and gardening and baking and still know what's going on with all the TV shows. Are you on drugs? Do you sleep? Are you Martha Stewart in some kind of Witness Protection Program?
That's really cute. I've been wanting to do the hook thing too. But I originally thought to use my kids initials. But one of the problems is it would like TED or DET (who's ted?) So I guess I have the option of ETD or EDT. Which looks kind of lame too. I know, such a huge dilema. So spelling out Bath is a much better idea. Sorry for the long comment. (BTW... karen's comment made me laugh, You must not sleep!)
LOVE IT!!! Very creative and yes my kids do not know what a towel bar is for except hanging on.
I love the letters! I hope that the new hooks inspire the kids to hang up their towels. We have hooks too- it's the only way :-)
I also love the monogram towels you made for the kids. I am sure they love having their own. They are very creative and I love the font you used.
The letters on the towels are super cool. Love the hooks and letters they're on. I'm a big fan of hooks and baskets.
Speaking of creating . . . :-) Very cute. Love these.
Heidi, I've always loved those initial towels...I need to learn how to do that, or pay you to do it for me.
I'm laughing about Karen's comment...Symonie and I have wondered the same thing. You're amazing!
Post a Comment