Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentines Day

Aren't these tulip's beautiful?! My sweet Cordy brought them to me. Every time I look at them I can't help but get a big grin on my face. He is so good to me. Cord isn't too hot for roses so each Valentines day I get beautiful bouquet of another flower like lilies, gerber daisies or this year tulips. I'm glad because I'm not too hot for red roses either. :)

Among the other valentines I got from my kids I received this cute one from Lily. She made them in her class at school. I love it (thanks Mrs. Sugu!)
Dear Mom
You are a "cutie pie".
You are my "dream".
You are a "sweet love" "I love you".
You are "cool".
You make me "smile".
Will you be my "sugar pie"?
"Go girl!"
"It's love" between us. You "stir my heart".
Love, Lily


When Cord asked me where I wanted to eat on Valentines Day I don't think he was expecting my answer which was "The cafeteria in IKEA". I laughed but he knew I was kind of serious (I am fairly transparent). So....off we went!
I really want to redo our downstairs bath. I have been trying to decide how much I want to change and how much I want to spend. Well, Cord & I decided that we would just go for it. So we bought a new vanity sink, mirror, shelves, and new hardware. Here is what they look like.



I am so excited about this. I am going to rip the tile off the walls & put up bead board. We are also going to change the lighting and the window treatments and paint of course. WOOO HOOO!

Needless to say Cord spent a bit more on our Valentines lunch than he thought he was going to. He did however do a pretty good job of steering me away from about 25 other things I wanted to buy!

I hope you had a wonderful day too!

10 comments:

Britney said...

I love that sink!! I can't wait to see the bathroom all finished! I'll bet you're excited to get started. That is a great gift! Good luck!

Unknown said...

i think we have that same sink in our bathroom downstairs! i hope you bought the faucet at ikea, because nothing at home depot will work. .. we learned this the hard way after several trips back and forth.
and i love your flowers.. . i love tulips too.

Britney said...

P.S. I love your tulips too. But, I love that card even more! That is so cute!!! What a great idea!

Karen said...

Love the stuff you got at IKEA. Make sure you take some before and after pictures so we can all ooh and ah.

Love the tulips too. It reminds me of one of my favorite poems.

Tulips in the garden.
Tulips in the park.
But the best tulips...
Are the two lips in the dark.

Of course that poem never made sense to me. Doesn't each person have two lips, so wouldn't you really need four lips to have any fun in the dark?

Debra said...

Sounds like a really good Valentine's Day! I second the need for before and after pics.

Robyn said...

That will be so fun! I love re-dos. Be sure and take tons of before/after photos. I am sure it's going to look awesome. What a fun project!

I also love tulips. I think roses would be my very last choice unless they're yellow.

Stacey said...

Hello Udalls! I found your blog on the Vests. We talk about the Springville ward all the time and miss you all! What a great way for us to keep in touch! Sounds like you are all doing great.

Kristin said...

What a fun Valentines Day and what pretty flowers. Cute, cute card. Matthew made one for Grandma and Grandpa.

Good luck with the bathroom--how fun is that~can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

Christie said...

Sounds like you sure had a fun day! Lily's card is so cute!

Shauna said...

I'm looking forward to using that cute little powder room your making. I'm so glad you're doing the wall thing. LOL buddy!