Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quilty Pleasures


Last year my neighbor Cathie invited me to join her quilt group. I jumped at the chance since I love to quilt and was excited to meet other women who do too.

We meet once a month and take turns teaching a quilt pattern or technique. We also have "show and tell" which was always my favorite part of elementary school and is one of my favorite parts of quilt group. I get such great ideas form these women. This year we also started a monthly "get 'er done". Which means if your name is chosen that month you have to complete a project and bring it the next month. I have so many unfinished quilts -- this will be good for me!

This month was my turn to teach. I have stressed out about what pattern to teach and finally decided on this one. It's an Easter Egg Quilt. It took me a while to get all the measurements figured out (I'm not the best at math - no giggling mom). But in the end I like the way it turned out. I don't have a spring quilt so this will be fun to put on the couch each spring.

I like the way the "eggs" are placed. The quilt is much more iteresting this way rather than if they were all lined up straight.


I also loved this quilt because I only had to buy the white fabric. I have so many scraps and this is the perfect way to use them up. Cord loved it for that reason too.

Here is the back -- I used scraps for it too.

By the way the name of our group is "Quilty Pleasures". Isn't that a great name?

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I love your easter egg quilt! It's so cute and the fact that you get to use up all your scraps is even better. The back is cool too- I think you should rotate it so that people get to see both sides. You're such a Quilting Guru, I can't imagine trying to figure out the measurements, etc. That's what patterns are for!!

Debra said...

Gorgeous! Your talented in so many ways.

Shauna said...

You always make a great bunch of fabric look glorious. Such a cool pattern!

Britney said...

I love how it turned out -- especially the pieced strip on the back. You did a great job and I am sure it will be a very popular one at your quilt group.

Well done you little quilting maniac!

Risa and Barry said...

Heidi, I continue to be amazed and impressed with your quilting talent. That Easter egg quilt is just so clever and creative, in addition to being beautiful! I'm sure everyone in your quilting group loved your presentation. And what a great way to use fabric scraps. Congratulations!