This 4th of July was kind of a quiet one for us. We usually are enjoying the company of family on the 4th but this year we chilled by our lone. It was a nice weekend. Saturday we took the kids to see Toy Story 3 which we all loved and yes, I cried. Then we barbecued and headed up to BYU for the fireworks.
Sunday was a great day at church where I thought a lot about how blessed I am to live in such a wonderful country. It was wonderful to stand and sing the national anthem. Then Alli and I packed for camp.
Monday Alli & I left for girls camp (post to come soon) and Cord took the kids to Provo to watch the big parade with our friends the Woods (thanks Britney!) That night Cord & the kids went to our friends the Vests for dinner (thanks Joanna!). The kids had a ton of fun hanging out with so many friends.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend...
The sunset before the fireworks began
Here we are settling in for a night of mocking the people in front of us.
I needed a tripod so the pictures are a little blurry - but hey they're not too bad.
Back at the homestead...
It's too bad I don't have a picture of the hot wheels and army men Cole blew up. He was taping fireworks to everything until we finally said enough is enough. I have a feeling some good times are coming with him as a teenager.
A good time was had by all! We hope your holiday was superb!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cool photos of the fireworks.
Sounds like it was a good weekend.
LOVE that sunset! So beautiful!
Spectacular photos!! I love that Cole is blowing up army men. And you're right...it won't be too long before he's shooting out the neighbors windshield with a sling shot.
Post a Comment