Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lily Cate is 9!!



Lily's had a birthday!  She is the big 9 years old -- quickly cruising to double digits.

She is such a cornball and a ball of sunshine.  She lights up our home and makes me happy.  She is such a hard worker and really tries to do what is right.  Lily loves to read and can be found with a book through out the day. We are lucky to have her in our family.

Lily chose to have a key lime ice cream cake for her cake this year and mmm mmm was it good!

She also went shopping with me and we got some great deals -- then instead of a party she had a lunch date with her BFF Gabi.  They went to Brick Oven for lunch and then to see Despicable Me.  They had a great time.

I also made Lily a dress -- now that my hands are moving.  Here are some pictures from her fashion shoot...

(dang she is a cute kid)




This pattern was super easy to make and I made in just a couple hours.  It's McCall's MP339 if you want to whip one up too.  It would be perfect for a beginner.


Lily is such a star she even got two pairs of sunglasses for her birthday!


Can you say SASSY!  Happy Birthday Lily Lugnut -- We love your guts!!

7 comments:

The Prothero Gang said...

Lily is so cute! I love that dress. Do you put it was for beginners for me????

Unknown said...

what a cute dress you made! and of course lily is pretty darn cute too!!

Chantel said...

She is dang cute and so grown up. Fabulous job on the dress.

Marcie Ashton said...

What a girl! Happy Birthday Lily!

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Lily!!!!

She really is so cute!
Love the dress too!

Karen said...

Wow! Those photos with the sunglasses and that cute dress make her look like a little celebrity! What a doll!

Robyn said...

Happy birthday to Lily!!! Lily is SO cute and so is that dress. I wish I could just 'whip one up' like you can! So glad to hear that your hands are feeling better.

Sounds like she had a fun birthday- I think I'd chose the lunch and movie with BFF too!