Friday, July 30, 2010

Sad News



We are home from vacation and I have lots of fun things to post and I'll do that in the next day or two.

Unfortunately, while we were gone Alli got a calls from her friends saying that several of her friends had been in a car accident in the HS parking lot after football practice.  The next day we found out that Brandon had been taken off life support and died Wednesday afternoon.

It has been super hard for Alli and she really wanted to get home and be with her friends and now that we have been home she has been able to do that all day.  I know that makes her feel better -- to share feelings with her friends who are going through the same thing.

My deepest sympathy goes to the Curtis family as well as to the families of the other boys that were in the car -- especially the driver.  The whole town has really rallied around these families and that is always nice to see.  There is a lot of healing to be done but it's nice to live in such a close knit community and one where both emotional and spiritual support can be given so abundantly.




Photos from the Daily Herald

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Oh no! I'll be praying for Alli, as well as you and Cord as you help her through it. It's amazing how a truly tragic event adds a layer of perspective to the lives of everyone touched by it. It makes you want to hold your kids a little closer.

RV U's said...

What in the world - in the parking lot in front of everyone. Oh man. I can only imagine what Alli and you are dealing with.

Britney said...

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how hard that is.

mycattripoli said...

oh boy that is very sad- we also had a friend die on saturday in a car accident- goodness- dangerous-
hope ali can be ok