Tuesday, January 27, 2009

College?!


Yesterday I had to head over to school (yes I did get dressed) and met Alli and the HS counselors to register Alli for her sophomore year. I can't believe how much we have to weigh out as far as her schedule goes.

We have to keep in mind which schools she wants to attend and what their requirements are. There are several scholarships that have specific class requirements. She has to have a well rounded schedule and do plenty of extra curricular activities to boot. We also have to plan which honors classes she has to take so she will be in all the right AP classes. There is also concurrent enrollment to consider and a class that starts to prepare them for the SAT & ACT. The counselor also said that if Alli has an idea of what her major will be she should take electives that will make it easier to get accepted under that major. Whew!

So that is what I am worrying about this morning -- along with how exactly we are going to pay for college.

9 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

Been there done that

Lindy said...

No....stop. Can she just enjoy high school? What in the world?! So how ARE you going to pay for college? Now is the time to insist on earning scholarships. :)

3girlsmom said...

okay and i was freaking out that savannah is 8 and sarah is going to middle school next year! stop the maddness of growing up!!!!

hope the boys are feeling better soon. and your mac and cheese looks better than mine! when i say i made mac and cheese the girls always say "from scratch or the box?" there is always a big sigh of relief when i say it's from the box. so ungrateful!

p.s. enjoy the snow! it's like 77 here today.

Shauna said...

I feel your pain.

Britney said...

Wo. College?!?! Why? Why? Why is she getting so old so fast???????

Unknown said...

that is crazy that you have to think of so much, so early. i don't want to stress about this yet!!

Robyn said...

Yikes! Already?! I am so not ready for that. So you're saying I have about 6+ years until I have to have this conversation?! I'd better get ready...

At least you know you're prepared and she's ready for college. My HS counselor did not prepare me for this. I wished I had taken different classes in hindsight. Better to know about it now.

Christie said...

OK, so I can remember Alli riding her bike around the neighborhood and playing at the park with the Pasketts and the Cottles!

Unknown said...

Wow.. I remember those days. I could barely afford tuition let alone the books, but sometimes I find myself wishing I was back in the classroom listening to lectures and having reading assignments. It is crazy. I would love to go to college and just major in everything if I didn't actually have to make a living nor pay for tuition. What a headache but it is worth it.
I absolutely love Lily to death and I think that I won't pass her to third so she has to be in my class again. :)