Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Alli!!

Today is Al's birthday. I can hardly believe how quickly the years have flown by. I can still remember Alli as a little girl dressing up and running all over the house. I guess she still does that! Alli we love you so much and are so fortunate to have you as a daughter.
We love your guts!!!!

Here are a few things we love...

She has the most beautiful smile
When others are sad she is very aware and does what she can to make them happy
She has a beautiful alto voice
Doesn't eat all her vegetables
She loves playing basketball (she scored last night!)
She is always willing to help around the house
She can text like a madwoman
On her report card...all A's (hooray!)
She is very confident
Alli is a super baker -- especially chocolate chip cookies
Alli has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and stands for truth and righteousness
She is a great babysitter
There are always 10 or so "outfits" on her floor (sometimes more)
She is a talented seamstress
Alli loves to draw and like her grandpa is quite talented
She is an avid journal writer
She loves to "power tube"
She is a list maker
On Wednesdays she pops popcorn with her mom & watches LOST
She is the best daughter and friend anyone could ask for!

Happy Birthday Allison!!
We
LOVE you!


11 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy, happy birthday to your sweet Alli! What a beautiful tribute by an amazing mother.
Anyhow, I remember her being 7. I don't know why I remember 7, but I do. Maybe cause it seemed my children would never be the ripe old age of 7. hmmm . . . . She was always such a girl happy. Always a bright smile on her face. Some things don't change, though she has grown into a beautiful young woman.
I didn't think about my Ally having the same name as your Alli until we came home from the hospital, but if mine grows up to be anywhere near as GOOD and dear and wonderful as your Alli, I will be content.

Hope the day was wonderful.

Heidi said...

This is Lily

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
love you
lil

Robyn said...

Happy birthday Alli! You are lucky to have such an amazing daughter, but it's not really surprising to those who know you!

Hope you guys have a fun celebration!!

Grandma Mary said...

Ali..why I love her:
She is my first granddaughter
She bring the same ray of sunshine into my life that her mother does.
She cares and watches over her siblings with an extra amount of love.
She came to spend a week at our home.
She loves to read.
Happy birthday

Unknown said...

happy birthday, alli!
what a fun list.

Shauna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Al!!!
I am really amazed by you.
Love ya guts bebe!

Karen said...

Love the post! Love the kid! I wish I had one just like her.

3girlsmom said...

happy birthday to the "big" girl! hope she had a great day! i can't even imagine when my girls get that age what i will do!

btw it is a little cooler today at 61 degrees! can't you tell that i am trying to entice you to come visit where the weather is better? (although come summertime i will be wishing to come your way when it's like 98 with 110% humidity!)

and yes, i do sometimes think about the staying in for dinner, but when mauricio says "let's go out", i don't argue! take that girl out to dinner!

Debra said...

This has just got to stop. The girl I know is called "Rubby" and cries when she hears the theme music to X Files. She is certainly not old enough to worry about fashion or texting. Though I'm not surprised by the gorgeous smile--she's always had that.

Britney said...

Happy Late Birthday Ali!!!!

I can hardly believe you are so old! We adore you and hope this next year for you is amazing and fulfilling. We feel so lucky to have been able to get to know you and have you in our lives. It has been a true pleasure watching you grow into such an amazing young woman. Your parents are so blessed to have you. And as I've said many times before...I need an Ali!

We love you!
Happy Birthday!!!!
P.S. Did I tell you that when Isabella and I play pretend she always gets to be Ali. I hope she continues to want to be you forever!

mycattripoli said...

oh goodness! aaron and i still remember alli visitng us as a five year old who had a brand new baby brother- and she would tell us all about him- she was sooo cute- happy bday to little alli!