A really good friend of mine had surgery today. She had a tumor removed from her brain. The surgery was successful and she is doing well and I am so glad that she has come through it okay. (The tumor is benign so that is a relief too.) Cord & I got to see her and her husband last night and It was so nice to visit with them (even if it was in the hospital).At times like these I wish I could more adequately express my appreciation for the friendships I have had throughout my life. Barbara and I have been friends for 12 years or so and have had the chance to watch each others children grow and in her case marry and go on missions. She helped me though some of the darkest times of my life with the loss of babies and has always been such a support and strength. Our families have camped together and we had the chance to go to girls camp together as stake leaders for 4 years. She really is an awesome woman and has been an example to be of what a good mother and quilter (ha) should be.
Anyway, we used to live 2 blocks from each other and both have moved from the "old" neighborhood and now we see only see each other twice a year or so. But I still have such strong feelings of friendship and love for her. I guess I am coming to the realization that I need to do more to stay in touch with those who have made my life better by being my friend.
I have been blessed with amazing friends. Many will be life long friends. I don't want to make a list of friends or anything but I do want to thank those of you who have loved me and accepted me and simply been my friend. Your friendship has made my life better.

7 comments:
Hey Heidi, I love your blog. Were you talking about Barbara Paskett? Send her our love and we will pray for her recovery.
Hi Amy Jo!
Yes it is Barbara. She is doing really well and recovering great. I'll tell her you said hi.
I hope that includes sisters-in-law, the friends you don't get to choose. Because I feel the same. And I WOULD have chosen you!!!
There are so many people that make a huge difference in our lives and need to be told. It always seems like I'll do it someday and that someday never comes. You've really got me thinking about this! I'll start now with you by saying I absolutely love you and your friendship. Thanks for always inspiring me.
I also wanted to add, I'm so happy Barbara is recovering well and that Keith was able to get her to where she needed to go and get help. What a huge blessing!
what a nice post heidi. something i have been thinking about this week at well.
you are a great friend to anyone who is lucky enough to know you!
Heidi- Kristin Frey told me about a post you had about Barbara. Wow. I'm glad she is doing well. Tell her we say hi and are praying she will continue to recover well.
Amanda Gray
Post a Comment