Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fun in the rain

I don't remember if I ran thought the rain much when I was a kid, but my kids sure love to and do it every chance they get. Last night we had the perfect summer rain. We had just eaten dinner when we heard the rolls of thunder. Then a fine mist of rain began to fall -- I loved it because there were still patches of blue sky.

Well it wasn't long before the rain really started to pour down big round raindrops. The kids were out in a flash. As you can see Will didn't take the time to remove his Power Ranger glove.

Soon the sky was clouded over and gray but it was still 80 degrees and the kids were going strong.

I was going to take a picture of Lily running in the rain when she suddenly did this leap. I love this picture because it is so spontaneous. It says joy to me -- she has no worries -- just playing and jumping for joy. She is so full of life! I need a bit more of that. I guess I should have been out there with them instead of taking pictures from the porch.

Here she is doing another jump. After she saw the picture of her leap she wanted to take more jumping pictures another. Check out her toes! :)

10 comments:

3girlsmom said...

those are great pics! my kids love to do the same thing, except 90% of the time here in fl there is too much lightning! so they usually go out in the big mud puddles after the storm!! enjoy the rain!!!!

Shauna said...

You know I love the rain!! I'm really enjoying these pictures. Theres a real sense of peace and joy with childhood and you can feel it here esp. the one of Lily jumping. Lily's toes are so happy.

Britney said...

I LOVE these photos!! I agree that they just say joy! How fun to be a kid. I wish I took the time to have more fun.

Anonymous said...

We LOVED playing in the rain when I was growing up! It doesn't rain here in the summer like that. I've noticed.:) That is one thing about Utah I really miss are those summer rain storms and especially the thunder!

Unknown said...

Heidi, your kids are just awesome! how fun. i am sad we missed such a great summer storm. i love that about utah.

mycattripoli said...

soo fun- kids should always get soaked playing in the rain-
hey have you been to the corn wagon there in springy? i know it's supposed to be awesome for quilters!

Heidi said...

marianne -- you have no idea how much money I have spent at the Corn Wagon! :) I was just there two days ago!

Chantel said...

If you love rain boy do I have a fantastic idea for you. Why not move to Buffalo??? All the rain you can handle...and then some.

Unknown said...

When did it rain in Utah!!??? I want to jump in some puddles! You guys always have fun... :)

Brenda said...

We Oregonians know all about the rain however ours is never mixed with an 80 degree evening! Usually it comes down by the buckets when it's 50 dregrees and during the middle of a game or something...oh well...I love that it makes it smell so good after...

What a cutie patootie she is...love the lugnut!