Monday, August 25, 2008

The Weekend

Our weekend was a busy one and my favorite kind -- one spent with friends. The festivities started at lunch Friday. I had a visiting teaching conference with Shauna, Amy & Lindsay. Long ago and far away Amy & I VT Shauna and Lindsay and we all got to be really great friends. It also helped that Lindsay was my next door neighbor and Amy's daughter kissed Cole when they were in kindergarten -- anyway, Lindsay was in Utah for the Hobble Creek 1/2 marathon (she ran w/ her "duder" Brian -- pictured below) -- so it was a great chance to catch up and eat some good Mexican food. Oh & Shauna gave a great lesson.

Heidi, Shauna, Amy & Lindsay

Later Friday night Cord took me out for my birthday dinner. We went to Bombay House and yes Karen I had the Chicken Coconut Kurma a favorite of mine. :) I really wanted to take a picture in the restaurant but Cord refused. And when I suggested we ask someone to take a picture of us in front of the restaurant he started running. So when we were driving home I snapped this lovely profile of my hubby.

After we ate we went shopping and I spent all of my birthday money - yeah new clothes!


Saturday I took Will to soccer practice and hung out at home. It had been a good birthday so far. Alli had me come out into the office to see the post she and Cord -- so sweet -- it was a great birthday. Well, on my way back into the house I fell going up the stairs. Yes, going up the stairs. Alli laughed at me like any good teenager would but when she saw me crying she ran & got Cord. I could not put any weight on it but the weird thing was that it wasn't swollen.

I suffered until Sunday afternoon and then we started to think it might be broken so I had some x-rays taken at the clinic. Luckily I don't have a broken foot. He said that there was probably some torn tissue in the center of my foot and bleeding. So he wrapped it and told me to stop whining.

Saturday afternoon some of the Cottles came by. Gunar and Lily took so many pictures of each other it would take a day to post all of them -- I think I will make a mosaic of them just to bug Gunar and post it later.



Saturday night we had a softball team BBQ which was great fun. Some of my favorite people were there. I know it's hard to believe but I don't have pictures of that.

Sunday the Drummonds came to dinner...which was great fun. We loved having them as neighbors on Provo and are so sad they are in California now & we don't get to see them as often. So here are some pictures from the festivities.

Greg I think you have something in your teeth

Okay, now we can take a picture!
Heidi, Cord, Brian (aka "duder") Greg (Brians brother who lived in their basement apt.) & Lindsay


Wait -- Barry I think you have something in your teeth.

Sam & Lily -- for their wedding video

Charlie



It just so happened that Sunday was irrigation day for us. So in preparation Cole & Sam built a dam and Will Barry & Charley built one too.

Nope -- it didn't hold.



As you can see I had a great birthday weekend. Thanks to all of you sweet friends for the nice comments you made. I know it sounds corny but I truly feel blessed to call so many good people my friends.

5 comments:

3girlsmom said...

looks like a great weekend! how fun. those are always the best! glad to hear that the foot isn't broken. that would stink.

btw what the heck is irrigation day?

Shauna said...

Cord doesn't look thrilled about having his picture taken in the car either. I'm sure he was just caught unaware by the birthday girl trying so hard to snap a picture of him. I'm so happy your birthday was so good. I'm lucky I got to celebrate some of it with you.

PS: It's difficult for me not to be spiritual at all times! I'm busy working on the new lesson for the next luncheon. Thank for the encouragement.

Heidi said...

Heather come on you are from Missouri, you don't know what irrigation is?

Here is a brief explanation -- starting in spring we buy water rights to irrigate our lawn. The city releases water that comes down the irrigation ditch and we flood our lawn about every 7-10 days. That way we don't have to use culinary water to water our grass (no sprinklers) -- it's snow run off that has been captured. And it's really fun to play in!

I hope that helps! :)

3girlsmom said...

ummm.....we don't have snow run off in missouri. no mountains!

plus it is soooooooooo DANG humid there we don't need sprinklers!

thanks for the irrigation lesson. now i know.

Britney said...

Wow! Busy weekend! Sounds like a good one though.

1) hee hee -- Cord's profile shot
2) ouch -- the foot -- sorry about that. I hope you are up and at 'em again.
3) How fun you got to see the Drummond's again. (I can't believe how big their kids are!!!!)
4) I can't even remember everything on the post but it sounds like a fantastically fulfilling weekend!!! Glad it was a good one!

P.S. I remembered....5) YUM!!! Chicken Coconut Kurma (Curma? sp?) Anyway...you get the idea. Who doesn't love that?!?!