Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Softball

So Cord & I played on our ward softball team last week. We figured it would be fun to play a few games. So Wednesday night we played and won in extra innings! It was so fun. We had a great group playing. We were all there to have fun and there was no pressure to be a pro which is good because I think I have played softball about 10 times in my life.

You can see from this picture that I am such a stealth runner -- but hey I did make it to second and then Cord hit me home!


Here is our good friend Dave batting as you can see the sun was setting and that made it difficult too see in the outfield -- at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Karen was our star. She played catcher and when Cord gunned a ball at her from center field she actually got in front of it -- well as luck would have it the ball hit her wrist instead of her glove and her hand was so swollen and purple. But being the woman that she is still played despite the pain.

Yes, here I am again. I know you are commenting to yourself that I have such form that I could be Barry Bonds but for some reason Cord kept telling me I wasn't following through.

This was Thursday night -- we won both our games. It was a sacrifice to play the second game because I had to be an hour late to my precious book club but it was worth it because despite our loss on Friday we won both our games on Saturday and were crowned the area champs!


Here is Cord taking a turn pitching -- not quite the pitching he did in H.S.

So our few games turned into quite a few but hey we got t-shirts! I could hardly walk on Sunday (I don't know when the last time was that I tried to run as fast as I could) and Cord pulled a hamstring in the last inning Saturday morning (are we getting older?) but we had a great time. It was so fun to play and get to know people in our ward better.

You can see that some of the games were pretty intense -- our fans were climbing the fences for better views! We are celebrating this weekend with a team party -- I'll try and get a team picture then.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you look incredible!
i especially love your witty comments.

3girlsmom said...

wow! you guys should go pro. hee hee! looks like fun. my girlfriend tried to get me to do the memorial day softball game but it was toooooooo hot!!!!!! they need to do it in jan around here.

Shauna said...

Looking good you little pro! I can definitely see the resemblance between you and Barry Bonds! I'll have to be in the stands next season.

Kristin said...

What great fun!!

Anyhow, hi Heidi!! Kristin Frey. It's been a while . . . I can't believe Alli is so grown-up! She is beautiful. Looks so much like you. All your kids . . .wow. So fun to catch up on your family a bit. Glad I found you in this crazy blogging world.

Brenda said...

I'm up for cheerleader too next year!
I think we should play more sports as couples. Especially the sweaty, hot kind...besides, it would give Shauna another outlet for all her "energy"! If you know what I mean...hee hee! :O)

Chantel said...

Well aren't you just sporty spice.

Britney said...

I love that you guys did this!!!! I'll bet your kids think you are extremely cool! :)

Karen said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I would have responded earlier, but I just got the feeling back in my wrist and have the ability to type once again.
I liked the picture of myself (even though I do look like a giant ball with little legs)because there are dust clouds behind my feet so I look like an INCREDIBLY fast runner. And the people on the bench are looking to the outfield so it must have been one of the few hits that actually made it to the outfield.
Thanks for organizing the team... it was really fun! (And excruciatingly painful.)